Got to love E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Refractured my rib last week during a seizure had to go to ER yesterday because it was hurting so bad. Took Xrays of my neck, chest and rib. Nothing showed up, but she said I have a hairline fracture. My arm is in a sling so I don't irritate my rib from moving my arm too much. Also on hydrocodone and litoderm patches for the pain.

Sorry to hear about the injury; that really stinks. I hope it heals fast and feels better quickly too.

Thanks its all the joys of living with E. at least it wasn't from falling in the shower this time.

Fractured ribs are tough -- nothing much to do about them except deal with the pain and try not to sneeze or laugh. Hope yours heals quickly.

Hope you do get feeling better soon too.

I've fallen out of the shower a few times and gotten bruised up, luckily nothing serious. I laughed and told my husband that people are going to think he beats me up.

It was pretty funny too because a few days after I fell out of the shower once he smacked his face on the door and ended up with a black and blue bark on his forehead. I said that people were going to think that I go back at him for hitting me - lol.

(don't laugh at that, I don't want you do hurt)

Too late I laughed. Ah well laughing isn't as bad as sneezing or coughing lol! And being on hydrocodone makes me feel so blah that cheered me up a bit.

STBM -
I'm so sorry to hear about the injury, I've never broken or fractured a bone/rib but I can imagine you must be in a lot of pain.

I hope it doesn't take long to heal.

That sounds painful. I'm sorry you refractured you ribs. I've fractured my nose, twice. Broken my thumb, gotten bumps on my head and a big cut there that landed me in a CT scanner. And I got a frozen shoulder. Plus all the bumps and bruises. I'm thinking of putting some child proof things up around the house - corner protectors on my tables for starters. It sounded ridiculous to me at first, but after the amount of bleeding from my head, now it doesn't sound so...

Many healing thoughts coming your way!

Thanks its feeling a little better, but I foud out my insurance won't cover the litoderm patches and they are 77$

Thanks its all the joys of living with E. at least it wasn't from falling in the shower this time.

Be careful in the shower. The bathroom and kitchen are THE most dangerous places for a person with E. The shower is where I had my first TC seizure and suffered severe burns from hot water because of it. There are NO joys in living with E!

Back
Top Bottom