had another with some blood

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So, sorry for sound like Pete the repete parrot!
I had a minor seizure with urination last night very minor migraine, minor extra back pain, jaw pain, from teeth grinding, and some blood form where i bit the side of my cheek my wife said she was glad she was at work she cant stand the sight of blood! (and she wanted at one time she wanted to be a nurse! lol) I'm still off balance dizzy trying to get my bearings but since its still time to get the kids off to school and get the others up I gotta push through and keep on pushing through I got 2 others depending on me to "be normal" as possible rofl:roflmao: But like I've said before you guys are like my 2nd family and since you guys have given me great advice and thoughts I like to keep you uptodate just like my seizure journal which is just a boring word doc :pfft:

my food and drink intake has been normal sodas were normal 3 sodas 1 wasa caff free had 2 propel 1 powerade and some juice in the mix also ate normal all day been trying to get my butt out at least once a day with the family and take the dog out for a long walk 45-60 min if I can make it that long with my back issues so I can try to be somewat healtyh.

thoughts ideas?!

Thanks yet once again!

Mike

Hi Mike --

The juice/powerade/propel liquids aren't the worse things to consume, but you'd be better off getting the nutrients in them from food and water, and avoiding the fake sugars and/or corn syrup that can be found in the sports drinks. A recent study found that you would do just as well to eat a banana and drink some water after a workout, as to drink gatorade. See:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120529113258.htm. "Normal" sodas -- even caffeine-free ones -- can often contribute to draining magnesium from the body, so there may be an issue there. The liquid part of your diet may or may not have anything to do with your seizure activity, but if everything else you consume is healthy and balanced, it might be worth taking a closer look at what you drink...

I hope your back feels better. Be careful not to overdo -- activity is good, but not if you're straining something. Anbesol or similar can help if your mouth stays sore.

Thanks Naka,
teh epi is the one who stated I should walk more even tho it kills me to wlk that much, but i need to get out more to try and move more, i've reduceed my phospate intake from my sodas and waters, since i read that it can be a trigger , si i look at at the sodas and have been trying to keep my sodas at 3 or less a day and more waters and juice a day and not straining anything my mouth isnt sore thats the funyy part!? I had blood behind my teeth and when I wiped my tongue off on a towel it was red so I know there was blood in my mouth but exactly where it came from I'm not 100% sure. it's sore on the side but not unbearable but Ive bit the sides before on occasion but not hard enough to draw blood.
Thanks again NAKA for the thoughts and Ideas.
Mike

It's great that you've cut down -- do you feel any better as a result?

honestly no difference, i feel the same, so like in all my prev post I still disagree with the EPI doc PNES I do agree Naka.
mike

Back
Top Bottom