have a date!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Maisy

New
Reaction score
After going too accident and emergency twice yesterday finally have a date for neurology in march! long way off but nice too know things are getting set in stone! :)

Nice one Maisy,that will be a little relief of your mind,they take a while to see over here in the uk,im glad it's only a month or so away.Now lets hope you get a good one,which im sure you will:)

Well... if the rest of the hospital is anything too go by!!.... lol , sure will be ok though :D

It ain't Stafford General by any chance? We might not see you for three months:roflmao:

lol nah, but it will be 4 months by the time I see him!! :roflmao:

You better arrive a couple months early then!

Maisy,
Great news about your neuro appt. Do you have an actual date for your appt yet?
It probably seems a long time away but I'm sure that it will go quick.

Last edited:
yeah I do 14th march I know what I thought but oh well least getting somewhere!! :)

Last edited:
yeah I do 14th march I know what I thought but oh well least getting somewhere!! :)
Those next 4 weeks will either go really fast or really slow :pfft:.

In 2009 after my neurologist tried me on a 5th medication he referred me to an epitiologist to see if I was a candidate for surgery. When I made the appt to see the epitiologist I couldn't get in to see him until June 2010. Those 7 months felt like they dragged, especially May 2010 which was the month I was due to meet the epitiologist. After I met the epitiologist he confirmed I was a possible candidate & would need to have pre surgery tests. After I met the epitiologist & he got things moving it all fairly quick.
I found out in November 2010 that I could have the surgery & I had the surgery in March 2011. I felt that the 2 months prior to the surgery dragged which was probably because I was both excited & nervous about the surgery.

I am coming up to 2 years since my surgery & am due to go back to the epilepsy clinic on 25th March for my 2 year post surgery follow up appt with the neurologist & Neuropsych. These last few months feel like they are dragging because I want to get my upcoming appt over & done with so I know what is going to happen eg - if the neurologist will reduce my meds more.

Last edited:
Yeah know what you mean, already feels like its dragging but its also been dragging waiting too find out lol!!, well been signed off for two months today :( , but not gonna be stubborn this time know its for the best, doctor wanted too add a second med but as its only 4 weeks away he isn't until ive been there, told me too start a seizure diary though which ive now done, and backdated it too the 19th jan, which are gonna be the first ones clear in everyones minds, dunno how too work this thing though do I write every little thing down, even if its only an aura???

do I write every little thing down, even if its only an aura???
Absolutely, because an aura is a seizure too. The doc needs to know about all the seizures you're having, not just the tonic-clonics.

It's great you have an appointment, it's always nice to feel lime progress is being made.

Thankyou Nak was just a bit unsure :) , sort of jotted it down, gonna get a proper book tomorrow and get it all in there.

Yeah know what you mean, already feels like its dragging but its also been dragging waiting too find out lol!!
With myself I think it's mainly the anticipation of not knowing how things were going to go is what makes it feels like time is dragging when I've had something like an important drs appt or the surgery coming up.

doctor told me too start a seizure diary though which ive now done. a do I write every little thing down, even if its only an aura???
Absolutely, because an aura is a seizure too. The doc needs to know about all the seizures you're having, not just the tonic-clonics.
:agree: with Nak,
It's such a good idea to use a seizure diary to document your seizures or if you find anything may be related to your seizures eg- triggers, diet, sleep pattern. There are different ways to keep a seizure diary & it is up to the individual person to decide how the seizure diary works best for them.
I am pretty sure there are some sites or apps you can use to document your seizures.
For me I have an exercise book near my computer desk which I use as a seizure diary &write down any seizures I have had or if I felt different. When I've had an appt with the neurologist coming up I would type up any seizure activity I had since I last saw the neurologist & print it of. When I had the appt with the neurologist I would then hand him the print out which worked for me because he could then just read the information while I was in with him instead of me trying to remember everything.

yeah found an old notebook yesterday gonna go buy a better one today, and might see if theres any diarys knocking around that they haven't sold yet never know, if can get a diary might write how I feel each day if I feel strange lol, obviously do not want too overwhelm him.

Good luck! I remember getting in withy neurologist for the first time was a 3 month process. Hopefully, time will pass by quickly!

has been a 3 month process!! yeah im hoping too sooner get in get sorted sooner can get back too work :)

Back
Top Bottom