Holidays, Sleep Deprivation and Seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
The holidays went prety well for me aside from my mom pissing me off, but thats nothing new with me and my mom. But, Im a bit concerned I haven't really been getting good sleep the past couple days with the holidays going on. No seizures so far, but is it more than likely I might have some within the next couple of days? I really hate the not knowing because a few times I haven't had warnings beforehand. I think those are worse than the ones that I am warned. Hoping it will go okay. Would hate to end up in the hospital again. Hope everyone else had good holidays whatever you may celebrate.

I haven't gotten as much sleep as I normally do during the last few days and not getting enough sleep is a big seizure trigger for me. Same with me, I don't always get any warning before one and the ones that have no warning I'll black out for a good while and have a horrible headache after.

No seizures so far, keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm afraid that one is going to pop up soon.

Had a great Christmas. Santa got me a dish washer!!!!! (and socks - lol)

Ooooha dishwasher thats always nice! I got some fuzzy pajama pants! I swear I'm eventually going to have 50 or more pairs lol. But, I'm mostly at home and I like to be comfy. I have that same fear and sleep deprivation is a trigger for me for sure. I have had a headache all night so far hoping it isn't a sign of a seizure. My boyfriend's siblings are staying here until next week or so and granted his brother has seen them I still hate to have them in front of others. My boyfriend is an acception lol.

Like I told one of my friends - You're more than welcome to come over and use the dishwasher any time you want. But it might be quite a big trip to haul your dirty dishes all the way from Iowa to here? I couldn't, and still can't, believe that I got the dishwasher. All I really wanted was socks because almost all of mine have holes in them.

I hate to have seizures in front of others too. My husband and parents aren't bad. Having them in front of my grandparents isn't bad either but they get really scared when I have one and worry that I'm not going to come out of it.

I couldn't wait (if that's the right way to describe it) to have one in front of my husband's son. He'd never seen me have one and I know he was scared to death to see me have a seizure. When I finally did have one in front of him and he saw what it was like he's ok around me now and knows what to do.

I was worried that I was going to have one at my cousin's on Christmas because I was super tired. I'm not sure who all in my extended family has seen me have one and I don't know how they would have acted.

Lol maybe a bit, but hey I'll keep that offer in mind ; P lol. No one in my family have seen any aside from my abscence seizures, but they wouldn't know. My boyfriend, his dad, his stepmom, his son's mom, his brother, his son's mom's bf, and six of my close friends. (Because of a sleep over) have seen them. And er doctors and nurses and my neurologist lol.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I think the only friend that's seen me have a seizure was when I was first diagnosed and in the hospital. Pretty sure none of the others have.

They don't worry about me having one when we are out. Half the time I think they forget I have epilepsy because I'm pretty much the same other than the fact that I can't drive.

My husband on the other hand freaks out when I go out with friends. He sits them down and tells them what to do and to call him if I have one. I've got a VNS and he always gives them a magnet to keep on them and explains in detail how to use it. If the seizure's too bad for them to handle he tells them to call 911 or take me to the ER. They are showed where the list of my meds are that I keep in my purse and so many other things. It's nice that he does this but it makes me feel like a little kid!

Lol yea, my boyfriend doesn't do that. He says if I have a seizure in public though and he is with me he is gonna play the Harlem Shake >.> it makes me laugh though. I hate that song, but hey I tell my friends just play some rave music and tell people I am just really into the music haha.

That's pretty good!

I'm going to get him and my friends to put some dance music on their phone (maybe even that song) and they can just play it during a seizure. People may even believe that I am dancing because if we're in a store that has some good music playing I will start shaking my butt some :boogie:

Lol, its a good idea huh? Hey why be sad ya got to laugh right? I have music on my phone so I'll just tell him to turn it on >.<

I always say - It feels better to laugh than cry!

Back
Top Bottom