Horrible Dizziness this morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penny

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Early this morning I was hurrying around the apartment getting some daily stuff done and I started getting dizzy and before I knew it, it was so bad I could hardly see anything but shapes. This has happened before but not as bad. It happens frequently to. At least weekly. I made myself to the living room so I could lay on the couch. My left hand began twitching but that's all. I lay there and was in and out of sleep 2 1/2 hours. I feel fine now. Is this part of the partial or complex partial seizures. I tried to fin info but couldn't. I see neuro Tues so...

Thanks! :clap:

I had something like this happen two times a few weeks ago twice. My normal routine when I get up is to take my meds, feed the cats, go to the bathroom then get back in bed.

The first time after I got up and fed the cats I went into the bathroom. I began to get dizzy and really couldn't figure out what I was doing in there. When I felt better I got back in bed. When I got up later and went into the bathroom I saw I didn't flush because there was toilet paper still in the toilet.

The second time I got really dizzy and confused while I was feeding the cats, didn't actually realize this was happening though. I got their food in their dishes then knew I had to sit down. I went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet. Not sure if I went or not because I didn't really come too until I was in bed.

(hope this isn't too much info :lol: )

Last edited:
I've had exactly what you described (the blinding dizziness, with only some twitching) but it's very rare for me. If it is a partial seizure, it is different from what I am used to. I did not lose time or conciousness. I've never asked the Neuro about it to know what it is.

Thank you both for answering me. If its not a seizure at least I'm not abnormal though! lol :) It just doesn't feel like its right though.

My Mia (cat) followed me around everywhere yesterday (which wasn't much, I have a small apt.). I slept all afternoon off and on accept when I did laundry, and she was right on top of me sleeping too. She's a lovey. Animals sure make hard times a little easier.

I'll post what ever the dr. says Tuesday. Thanks!

Hey, Penny. Sorry you've had such a hard time today. Is this not an atonic seizure? That makes your vision go all blurry. I tend to get them together with myoclonics a lot.

I used to have an African Grey and she always followed me around or snuggled into my neck when I was sick. Yes, animals are awesome when you're sick. They can also let you know when things aren't quite right with you.

I have never read about an atonic seizure. I will go do that now. Thanks Kirsten. :)

Oops. I gave you the wrong name: it's complex focal I'm talking about. Sorry.

This article seems off topic but it speaks about how occipital lobe epilepsy manifests in seizures visually. My TLE radiates into the occipital lobe, which is really close to the temporal lobe. It says, "Paroxysmal visual manifestations are the hallmark of epileptic seizures arising from the occipital lobe. " http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/75/11/1623.full

This is quite interesting. My seizures come out of my right temporal lobe. That is where the lesion from my stroke is. I will definitely talk to my Dr. about this Tuesday. Thanks!

When I talked to my nuero about this yesterday he seemed to think this was all linked to low blood pressure and when this happens he wants me to go up front and get my blood pressure taken immediately by cuff only and if it continues to be low he wants me to see my GP.

Back
Top Bottom