How to get Life Insurance with Epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
I've tried several times in the past to get Life Insurance. Each time I had zero luck, from various companies. I've tried those "four question" applications, but they went bust to. :(
I know other people that got insurance from those companies. They're around my age, similar health, except I have Epilepsy.
------------------------

It's kinda sad when someone with a bum ticker can get Life Insurance, but someone that has Epilepsy can't.

Does anyone know of a good Life Insurance Company that friendly to people with Epilepsy?

I wish I did know a company that offered people with epilepsy life insurance. I got the same result when I looked for insurance a few years ago.

One approach is to get group coverage, if you can. Try to find a professional association that offers group insurance to its members, then join. Doesn't matter whether that's your profession or not. Do it for the insurance. The NEA is a good example but you have to be a teacher or helper, or a student. Note that some insurance offered by associations isn't group insurance - it's a special rate on individual insurance and you still have to jump through all the hoops. Group insurance there is no medical exam, no medical questions.

Back
Top Bottom