How many people with temporal lobe epilepsy have experienced "Nirvana"?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ht93

New
Reaction score
I know this is a common theme to TLE - I was just wondering, how many of you, during your seizures, have experienced this feeling, and how did it impact your life?

I get that feeling occasionally, usually during my nocturnal seizures when they wake me up.

The nirvana feeling really doesn't have an impact on my life..... it's just another seizure. The seizures, now they impact my life more than any emotion I might feel for a short period.

I experience something similar, on a rare basis. I always thought of it as "euphoria." It was extreme joy, and a feeling like I was plugged directly into god. I was rather disappointed when I learned it was a simple partial seizure.

I don't know if I'd call what I had a 'nirvana' feeling but I had a feeling of deja vu, like "whoah, did I do this already?"

those are seizures???..... i had one a while back at work im pretty sure. then a few wks ago i think?(my memory on exact times is terrible) i went into a laughing fit right before one... is that wut u mean? i feel a tad ignorant when u say nirvana.. could u explain it more?

I don't know if I'd call what I had a 'nirvana' feeling but I had a feeling of deja vu, like "whoah, did I do this already?"

Id have the same thing happen. I would get the feeling that I already did something and I even remembered doing it....

i think the deja view is also a type of seizure if im wrong lemme know someone.. but.. i get that too. rarely but it does happen. the deja view thing

nir·vana (nir vä′nə, nər-; -van′ə)

noun

1. Hinduism a blowing out, or extinction, of the flame of life through reunion with Brahma
2. Buddhism the state of perfect blessedness achieved by the extinction of individual existence and by the absorption of the soul into the supreme spirit, or by the extinction of all desires and passions
3. any place or condition of great peace or bliss

Origin: Sans nirvāṇa < nirvā, to blow out < nis-, out + vā, to blow: see wind

Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/nirvana

Back
Top Bottom