"How we talk about Mental Health"

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Fedup

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
The things one goes through with epilepsy have had an affect on some or all of us at some time. Some of us are very lucky when it comes to our ability to deal with this major change in our lives and the side effects of any medication prescribed for us by doctors or from natural resources we ourselves use. Mental health is and always will be a very serious problem no matter the condition or amount of conditions we come in contact with, for this reason alone we should bear in mind that some topics or issues may/will have a negative impact on a persons life. Bearing this in mind even though a topic is relevant the impact it can have, though not intended, in imposing a thought in one persons mind can be extremely damaging. Without and not realising what this thought can cause or do. Remembering that with any and all life treating issues help should be sought immediately and should be refereed to the proper medical personal. It is for this reason that some topics need to be avoided.

There are topics which are divisive and have no place or bearing on any of us.

It is unfortunate but necessary that even though the topic may be relevant we consider all things which can/could impact on another persons life with such a risk is the likelihood that a person may be harmed or suffer adverse health effects if exposed to this topic.

We are all here to support and help each other in anyway possible way

This is true I was diagnosed many things even dragged off to hospital threatened section me so I ran to a friends kept away from everyone only fly in ointment I was 9 months pregnant so had come out of hiding..the only way get me and baby home was just agree with crap giving me but I was having over 70 fits a day and had aura of awful fear...in the end went to another nut case coc who gave me brain scan doc phoned me to come up straight away..His words were Carole got bad news and good news first you not round bend just pissed off bad news you have epilepsy evidence skull fracture and yes first doc should picked up straight away.Ruined first years of life with daughter they out her on risk registar as soon social service heard this they marched off out of my life crusfying me and original dr no apogy

As you have said mental health is a very important subject and one which should not be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom