[MAD] I had a Tonic Clonic 3 days ago...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My partner and I were moving stuff around in the house, just rearranging... and I felt a dizzy feeling, didn't really give it much thought, I set down outside to get some air cause I felt I couldn't breath.... lights were amplified and I started shaking, my left hand. I knew then a seizure was coming on. My Partner Jimmy, said I fell over on the bench where I was sitting and was shaking violently, my eyes rolled back, he said under my eyes, they were blue... He said I then got up walked in circles and fell in the front yard, having another one... I foamed from the mouth and stared up in the sky. The neighbour came running out, asking if she should call an ambulance, Jim told her no, as he has seen me have seizures many times either Partial, Tonic Clonic, also Absent... He rolled me over to my side until the shaking stopped. It took me a few hours to calm down and realize where I was, I don't remember any of it, just what he told me... I woke up on the couch in pain, especially my legs, the muscles were so tight! I take it I had 2 Tonic Clonic seizures... I took a Valium thereafter... which stopped the shaking and so on... Has anyone experienced 2 Tonic Clonics in a row like this??
Thank you, Billy.
P.S. Today I had an Absent Seizure I think, I don't know, I see the doctor tomm.

Two tonic clonics

I had two in a row this past Friday when it was time for me to go to work, also after I finished a psych. symposium/ exam, in March. For me these usually happen during time of extreme stress. Other than those two times I usually just have one TC or just space out. Luckily my roommate was there both times. She was able to keep everyone calm and curse the EMT's when they didn't arrive quick enough, I have the tendency to dislocate, fracture, break or burn something on my body during a TC seizure.

Hang in there, while it might have been your first double whammy, it won't be your last. Be thankful you had someone trusting with you.

I used to always have at least 2. sometime 3 to 4. The most I remember being told was 12. basically a cluster of 4 then a few hours inbetween another cluster of 4 etc. went to the hospital for that one.

It is totally painful. way worse than just the single. becuase by the time the first one is done, you feel terrible. you cant lift your arms or legs. and then it happens again. and again and again.

the best trick I learnt so far to help with the pain is a COLD bath. as cold as you can stand it. I found hot ones gave me a headache, but cold woke me up and shocked my limbs into working again. then cuddle under a blanket and sleep.

Thank you both for your responses, as it scared me, I have had Tonic Clonics before, but not 2 in a row like that, Dilantin helped... I'll check with my Doctor tomm. Maybe the Dilantin will help, but I have been extremely nervous about having this again... I'm still having some pain, Burning in my back... My legs are tight feeling... I don't think the Keppra is helping.
Billy.

Yes, it's happened to me (a month ago it was 4) more times thatn I can remember. Too much stress, med changes...the usual stuff. WHen meds are working and life is good and I'm not overtaxing myself than there is no problem though :)

Hi Billy,

WOW, 2 in a row. All I can some what remember is only 1 but lately the complex partials seem to be coming in 3-4 a day. Good thing your partner was there to offer some help! Hope the Doc offers some good advice.
Neil

I've had Complex Partials 2 or 3 times a day... once I did, Hopefully he will put me back on Dilantin... Thanks guys.
Billy.

Back
Top Bottom