I Need a Neurologist.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Katie

New
Reaction score
Hi all, it's been quite a while.

Anyway, I really need a neurologist. I haven't seen one in over two years. My PCP fills my Keppra because I worked for him for 5 years and he's fantastic.

I loved loved loved my prior neuro. Then their practice grew and I could only get appointments three or four months in advance, even if I claimed it was an emergency (sometimes it was). When I finally did see him, I saw his nurse practitioner for about an hour first, and then him for about 5 minutes.

I have nothing against NPs, but I didn't go to see an NP. I went to see my neurologist. I want an established relationship with ONE doctor that I can trust.

So now I'm looking for one. I'm about to change insurance, so I'm trying to find a doctor so I can base my policy around him or her. I would prefer a woman, only because I'm a young woman who may at one point want to have children. But I'm really not that particular.

I just want a doctor I can see fairly quickly, who is easy to communicate with, who understands epilepsy and depression/anxiety. I'm in Orange County, Southern California. I would like someone somewhere in OC or Los Angeles.

I realize not everyone is from around this area, but if you are and you like your neuro, please let me know. A PM is fine. And if you have any good resources for choosing a doctor, let me know that too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom