Im New And Im Havening Problems

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am sorry about posting a new thread i found this website while seaching visions and seizures. I was diagnosed as having clonic/tonic siezure dissorder and have been on dilantin keppra imatrex ( for the Constant Migranes though it doesnt always help) and 800mg caffine per day (also for the head aches)
Last year they took me off dilatin and put me on depakote and medical marijuana also kept the imatrex keppra and caffine. The problem I am having is I have these dreams and alot of deja vu and the dreams seem so real i can remember having hearing sight touch smell and taste in alot of them and it scares me sometimes when i wake up cause i thought i already was awake. I never told anyone about my dreams because i thought i was just going crazy but then i started seeing my ex-wife cheat on me, and then it came true a few months later I found out she was ( obviously why she is now my ex) now i just wrote that off as my subconscience just telling me signs that i couldn't see when i was wake. But I am having them again and not just about my current wife I see all kinds of odd things. I recently switched insurance and my current nerologist is an ass and i cant really even get in to see him anyways. I need to know if i need a therapist or new meds or what the hell i can do i am freaking out.

Well i'd start with a therapist, even just as someone around to talk to face to face about htis. Plus they can give your neuro a call and discuss new med options and possible side effects quicker than you can sit down and explain to someone who most likely doesnt care and just wants to do their job a little as possible.

Next, just for the heck of it, go to a ruputable psychic 8every town has one. the good ones are the ones that dont advertise, or referalls from friends. Dont look in the phonwe book for one.* I am a firm believer that some people are just able to know things that others normally dont. My own controller here at work seems to say some and literally 2 seconds later it happens. she notices it as coincidence but it happens 5 or 6 times a day. She'll say a thought out loud like "I think so and so is going to call. I have a feeling they didnt like their statement." and sure enough so and so calls with issues about finance charges on their statement.

I get really vivid dreams too. But when those happen i KNOW i am dreaming just by some odd response in the dream *like looking in a mirror. In a dream I always try to find a miror, and either cant find one or when you look in it you cant see properly.*

Hi J. Parenteau,

These deju vu experiences could actually be seizures, so I think you need to find a new neurologist who will take the time to listen and evaluate the problem(s) you are having.
The medical marijuana could be adding to the problems as well and so could the caffeine. Also, keppra could cause headaches.
For now, a therapist could be something to look into.

Hi J.P., and welcome!

Sometimes there are dietary or other triggers that can be contributing to the headaches, seizures, auras, etc. For instance, caffeine is usually a no-no for seizure disorders. And marijuana can enhance paranoia or anxiety in some folks. For the migraines you might want to try taking magnesium supplements (you can search on this site about that). It's worth checking in with a doctor to get another perspective about the combo of meds, and whether they are working right for you.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi there,

JP.

Here's the deal: You need a new neurologist, a therapist and to get off the caffeine. Why? Well, your neurologist obviously doesn't care enough, the therapist can help you work things out, and the caffeine is a stimulant that is actually a neurotoxin for our epileptic brains, and IT NEEDS TO GO!!!!

You also NEED TO keep an E journal with things like sleep patterns, food consumed and digestive patterns, video/tv/computer time spent and more in it, of which I can give you more details, but doing this will help you find your triggers.

Some of what described (deja vu) sounds a lot TLE. Perhaps you need to bring this up with the neuro.

BTW, welcome to CWE. Feel free to check things out here, we have lots of information to be had, especially in the Library and the Kitchen.

Take care,

Meetz
:rock:

:hello: and welcome to CWE,

I am a strong advocate of 2nd Opinions and
I strongly recommend you to see another
Neurologist or even head up higher - an
Epileptologist (a Neurologist who is an expert
in Epilepsy) and go from there.

Caffeine is a known seizure trigger (not for
all, but for a lot of people with Epilepsy), so
I do find it contrary with the medications
you are currently taking. MJ - or marijuana
has been a controversial issue, some claims
it works others says it doesn't. There are
threads on this discussion and I won't go
there, the most important thing and factor
here is ...

1) Finding out specifically what your seizures
are and where they are coming from and getting
them under control

2) Finding the proper up-to-date Neurologist
or Epileptologist to treat you properly

3) You do not have to continue to suffer

You can click on the Epilepsy Foundation logo
below for more information including on finding
a Neurologist / Epileptologist in YOUR area.

Best wishes to you!

Back
Top Bottom