Iron an AEDS

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am recently adding another drug to lamictal and galfer iron tablets. I am feeling really really sick over last few days I am just wondering is this a side effect to the drugs or the iron tabs?

Everyone's different when it comes to meds/vitamins and what side effects they might have from them.

I have very bad kepprage so I started taking B12 because I'd read that it helps with it. I started having more seizures. A few years ago I had very bad back pain and was given steroid injections and the number of seizures I had a month doubled. The steroids weren't helping with the back pain so I stopped taking them. The number of seizures I had went back to normal and I didn't realize that it was the steroids that was probably causing them until I stopped taking them.

I don't know if you want to consider these 'side effects' but other people can take these with no problems.

Let your neuro know what's going on and discuss it with him and see if he might consider taking you off of them would be a good idea.

Tough to know what's causing the side effects -- it could even be something unrelated to the meds (there's been a spring flu knocking people out here). First thing to look for is anything new or different in your routine/diet/general health/meds. What's the new med you've added?

Back
Top Bottom