ive had some great advice but just need 1 more question answered

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vely2101

New
Reaction score
hi all
first things first i just want to say what a great site. i have learded loads already.
my question that i want to ask is will an un-medicated epileptic feel bad even in between seizures i.e if someone was to have a seizure on monday and then another 1 week later in between will there head head feel a bit messed up.

thanks

it depends on the person, their recovery time in between, the type of seizures.....but more than likely YES

You're more than welcome.......

If you're unmedicated due to cost, there are programs available to help you...

If you're unmedicated because you don't like the feeling that the drugs give you, there are alternative treatments available to you, too........

Help is available!

Here's some help for you:

One is the thread:

When You Can't Afford Medication

This list (while it may be out of date), contains
info on drugs and manufacturers and where you
can contact for help and assistance. Some of
the Companies have regulations, restrictions,
and requirements, et cetera. Some of the Companies
have specific time of the year, Some of them have
discontinued the program - but it will NOT hurt to
give them a phone call.

And here's another Option:

Another option is to contact your County Health
Department and ask for the HEAD NURSE and obtain
information from him/her and ask for the information
for assistance from the State / County. And some
States have an emergency override if you need the
medication(s) now - they can get it or have it arranged
while the process is being done with paperwork via
your Neurologist / Epileptologist.

Even if this means getting a Neurologist / Epileptologist
for you - so you can be TREATED!

These are a few things here that would be of help!

I've found the modified atkins diet to be wonderful. Its just the atkins diet with no restrictions of fluid, calories or protein

I've also noticed that I can't handle natural sugar well. Eating any fruit seems to increase my seizures - when I crossed off the ones that weren't one the ketogenic diet along with the ones that i've known allergies to, there were no common year round fruits left so I stopped trying to find ones to eat.

Also take Omega 3 fish oil pills, and eat lots of olive oil. Heavy cream isn't the best tasting thing but if you can handle a little bit of ice cream, add some vanilla and a scoop of ice cream to it, let the cream get colder and it makes a decent milkshake. And that fat content makes for a wonderful seizure buffer

You also want to cut out as many carbs as possible because the body converts those to sugar

Also try to maintain a regular sleep schedule - I hate that most of all but I pay for every time I stay up late,

My daughter is unmedicated and she feels great most days, except when ill or she has a seizure. Her seizures occur now about one a month, though we have been successful keeping it locked in the closet this month.

When she was medicated, her emotions were up and down, she was depressed, her body ached, and she was having many more seizures.

I was able to realize this by keeping a very thorough journal.

Back
Top Bottom