Just want to cry & my students are awesome!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sjconner

New
Reaction score
Sometimes my left shoulder jerks and twitches and I stutter a bit (whole words not syllables). It can go on for an extended period of time. I don't know why. It can really hurt ... especially afterwards. I don't know if it is one event or one event after another. During the time that it is jerking, it changes speed, intensity, and direction. It jerks one way for a minute and then the jerking changes, jerks harder for a another bit and then changes, and so on.

My arm decided to go off ... during the class I was teaching. This is the first time it has happened during one of my classes. There is no way my students did not notice. They were great. No one stared or laughed or commented on it. I am sure they will later (residential school). I just want to crawl under the covers and cry. I am tired. I hate this ... I hate not having control of my own body ... I hate the meds ...

I'm sending you hugs, support and understanding. Not much else I can do. You will get through this, and maybe the kids will grow from the experience, too. Carry on!

(PS, there was a movie I saw a while ago about an elementary school teacher with Tourette's. It was great. I don't remember the name but it's worth finding and watching.)

Sounds like some actual maturity which is rare in any form these days.

Sometimes those pains in muscles and bones can't be cured by the world's wealth in Icy Hot. Hope it isn't bugging you too much.

:)

Sorry for the pity party. The kids (16-18 year olds) are funny ... they are usually the most immature brats I have ever met. Our school has lot of kids who don't make it anywhere else. In a lot of ways, we are their last chance. Called the neuro's office - upping my lamotrigine again.

Back
Top Bottom