Keppra causing dizziness

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've been on 500mg of Keppra for about 3 weeks now. I was hoping the dizziness it's causing me would go away after a few days but it's definitely hanging around. Someone please tell me it will nick off soon!! I'm terrified that if my neuro increases my dosage I'll really feel crap! Has anyone found the dizziness went away in time?

I do I do! I just thought it was some sort of siezure. Keppra is the only one that controls my gtc's. But I take 750 in the morning and 900 at night.

I think my dizziness on Keppra went away about 4 weeks after being on the maximum dose of it. Its the only one i've tried so far that has few to none side effects for me :O

Im on 3000mgs and still get dizzy and naucous for me and been on it for yrs wish I could get off the keppra train.sorry couldn't help

I'll agree that it took me about a month before I stopped feeling dizzy on Keppra. I'm on 2000 mg daily.

I've been taking 3000 mgs. of Keppra a day for 12 years now. Yes, the dizziness does eventually fade away. As with ALL meds, it does take time to adjust to a new medication and an increased dosage.

Hang in there! We've all been there.

For the few months that I was on Keppra I had to take Meclizine, I would break the tablet into 4 pcs. My dizziness never got any better for me.:twocents:

I had to get off Keppra.

When I was on Keppra the extreme dizziness lasted a week or so but then I would only get dizzy when I first woke up in the morning or as an aura prior to my seizure.
So most of the dizziness went away over time but some of the dizziness remained. It lessened in strength. I was only on it for 6 months though.

Back
Top Bottom