Lamictal side effects, I'm not hungry anymore!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have been put on Lamotrigine for nearly a week now and I have had a few side effects that aren't all that great.

In two weeks the dose is upping to 50mg and then on, but I have started to really lose my appetite. Nothing seems appealing and I am literally forcing myself to eat because I know I should.

But every time I do eat, I get so bloated it hurts, I get stomach cramps and I feel seriously nauseous afterwards, so much so that I spend a lot of my evenings by the toilet just in case.

Is this totally normal? Has anyone else had this? Thank you guys :)

Whenever I've upped/added meds I've lost my appetite. I had to drink my calories to get enough in (I was training for a marathon at the time and had zero energy because I couldn't eat). But then it came back to normal. I dunno about weight gain becauses I didn't get it, but if you're feeling bloated and what not, the weight gain could be related to that.

Back
Top Bottom