learning about seizures and my child

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kem

New
Reaction score
Is it possible that my child could be having seizures in her sleep? When I wake up I notice that her face has kind of changed color, she is shaking seems like only in the face, and she is not breathing. I don't know how long she is like that but if I blow in her face she comes to and don't realize what has happened and she goes right back to sleep. I have taken her to the doctor but they say I have to know how long she has been like that before she comes to but I don't know that because she is already like that when I wake up. What could be going on with her?

Hi Kem, welcome to CWE!

Can you videotape your daughter when she is displaying the symptoms? That might give your doctor a better idea of what's going on. Ask about scheduling a sleep study and/or and EEG. If your daughter is having any seizures or any other issues (such as apnea), that can help diagnose them. If your doctor is unwilling to schedule any tests, or is generally unhelpful, get a second opinion.

In the meantime, keep paying close attention and writing down any unusual symptoms. Do they only happen at night? Do they happen every night? How old is your daughter? Does she have any other health issues?

Best,
Nakamova

My son only has seizures in his sleep, we were lucky to find him having one, and the doctor is pretty sure we did not see the first one. Hind site being what it is I am pretty sure we missed something. Those times when he had fallen off of the bed or slept later than usual, or woke up confused and just not himself. I agree, have a VEEG done and if your doctor does not agree find one that does. I would go to a pediatric neurologist.

Back
Top Bottom