A long "surreal" feeling

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Skywalker

New
Reaction score
I get nocturnal epilepsy and if I have a bad one the only thing next day is a severe headache....and I don't go to work.

Coming night everything is fine and the following day, every now and then I get a strange feeling, I can only describe it as a surreal feeling like things are not real? Anyone else!

I experience that feeling sometimes. It happened a lot the first six months or so after I had epilepsy surgery a couple of years ago. It just happens occasionally now. It could be derealization which can be caused by anxiety. But, it may just be related to the seizures.

It's possible you could be having an aura or also called a simple partial seizure.

I rarely have them but when I do things just don't seem right. I might get dizzy or confused. Once during one all the furniture in the living room looked like it was in the wrong place.

It would possibly be a simple partial mimicking a jamais vu (a feeling of unfamiliarity). For myself I normally have the deja vu variety.

Back
Top Bottom