Looking for a doctor/hospital in the US

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MariaVar

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My family is looking for a good doctor/ hospital in the US to help combat my sisters epilepsy. Her current medication is not helping and the doctor is useless.

It would be great if anyone could help as we currently live in Spain and it is very difficult to search for one from here.

P.S we don't mind if its private.

Thank you!

MariaVar,

What part of the US do you want to be in? There are many good ones on the east coast and west coast, and in between, also. Check out this website:

http://www.aesnet.org/find-a-dr/find-a-doctor-epilepsy-com

P.S. I hear Georgia Montouris in Boston is good.

Georgia D. Montouris, M.D.
Boston University School of Medicine
72 E Concord St
Neurology C-3
Boston, MA 02118
UNITED STATES

How old is your sister? Are you looking for a pediatric neurologist?

Dr. Montouris in Boston is also a pediatric epileptologist. She also used to be my doc when I lived in Memphis and moved back to Boston. IMHO, she is THE BEST. She takes the time to listen, which many doctors don't do.

MariaVar,

What part of the US do you want to be in? There are many good ones on the east coast and west coast, and in between, also. Check out this website:

We don't mind what part of the US to be honest as long as the doctor is very good. Any suggestions are very welcomed :)

Thanks!

Hello N Sperlo,

My sister is 4 years old. Mmm ideally for an epileptologist but I guess neurologist would be alright as well as long as he/ she is good.
Maybe there is a list of doctors or something?

Thank you for your reply :)

Thank you for suggesting her! do you think I would be able to contact her somehow from Spain? or do I need to get an appointment first?

Thank you for suggesting her! do you think I would be able to contact her somehow from Spain? or do I need to get an appointment first?

Just go back to the previous posting and click on the website I posted and you will see a list of doctors and epileptolgists across the U.S. And yes, you DO need an appointment.

Send them an email if their email address is listed and maybe you can communicate that way.

Back
Top Bottom