Looking for information

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
My friend that works at our local Epilepsy Foundation has asked me to help her find information for one of her clients. This person is 18 and this person has aura's and the family is looking for some kind of device that could be used to call someone to let them know that they are having a seizure just by pressing a button. They asked if there is some kind of alarm that would have a button to press to alert someone that they are having a seizure. I did suggest a cell phone or a Firefly phone. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know so I can let my friend, Jeanns know.

They have them for the elderly. I remember an ad that was rather annoying years ago, "I've fallen and I can't get up". Can't remember the brand but the person wore it I think around their neck. It was a direct link to an alarm company.

Hope that helps... with a little research I am sure you can find it. Or someone here knows the company name.

The internet amazes me daily
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_fallen_and_I_can't_get_up
Life Alert
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Alert_Emergency_Response,_Inc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodialer_alarm

Some cell phone providers have push to talk "Walkie-Talkie" cell phone systems. I know Nextel pioneered this, but I understand most of the major networks (Verizon, AT&T/Cingular, etc.) are starting to offer them too.

They have them for the elderly. I remember an ad that was rather annoying years ago, "I've fallen and I can't get up".

My husband had a very elderly aunt who lived alone. He got her an alert system that had a button she could push if she fell or otherwise needed help but couldn't get to the phone. You could program it to call a set of phone numbers. It would cycle through the numbers until someone picked up, then would play a recorded message to alert the person picking up the phone that "So-and-so" needed help. I think there was a way to also listen in on the person needing help. I think he just got it at one of the stores locally - maybe a medical supply place. I'll have to ask him when he gets home.

Wasn't it "Med-alert" or something like it?...

:ponder:

Try this link!

Med Alert

:rock:

Last edited:
Did YOU also know this too?

Brinks & ADT have this option available
if she has this security feature in her
dwelling place!

They have various items available, I forget which
one has which, from a simple wristband to a necklace
to a clip-on. I'm not sure about other Security
Systems - but they have them! All information is
stored in the computer database and the moment
he/she pushes the button - help will be on the way!

:)

My Home security has one we can wear around our neck. There is a direct open line communication intercom system that can be heard anywhere in the house. Really neat feature.

Monitronics

I can call fire, medical or police with one touch on the control panel too

Back
Top Bottom