Lyme Disease and Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

No Shame

New
Reaction score
So i went to a level 4 Epilepsy Center here in MN, and the Epileptologist says i don't have Epilepsy but my brain is sensitive to seizures. I then had 2 people suggest due to my non-remittant symptoms to get a Lyme Disease test (the upper midwest is one of 3 hotspots for it to occur). Lyme disease can impact brain waves, the nervous system, muscles and joints, memory...etc if it goes into the secondary stages (infection spread throughout the body). Has anyone else with non-specific seizures ever been tested?

I have heard about this in other groups, though I haven't followed it closely as we do not live near areas with high lyme disease. Rebecca has not been tested.

I also have not heard about non-specific seizures. The doctors that we have seen have either wanted to put it in two catagories, Epilepsy or PNES.
So would they change her diagnosis after testing if positive to Seizures due to Lyme disease.
Then that throws out the definition of Epilepsy = two or more seizures.

Back
Top Bottom