Magnesium

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MarkyMark

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Just wondering how many are taking magnesium and what type of magnesium are you taking. I'm taking a Bisglycinate form. Usually about 300-450 mg per day.

I've been taking 300 mg for about 2 years to help with myoclonus and nocturnal seizures. Either it doesn't do anything for me, or I'd be really bad off if I wasn't taking it at all. I'm reluctant to stop taking it in the event it is the latter.

Last edited:
Hi! good question! I find it a great addition to my well-being. I take a powder mixed with water It is by Natural Vitality; it is called Natural-CALM plus calcium. It has the right balance of magnesium-calcium for best absorption and a little of other essential minerals. This company won some awards for this mixture. I recommend it.

I take a magnesium calcium zinc vitamin 3 times a day with every meal. It seems to help alot. When I stopped taking it for a day after the bottle ran out I had 2 waking partials while I was in the grocery store and at a restruant and they were both pretty bad. It also has an amount of vitamin d3 in it also. Of which I take close to 6000 IU's Per day.

Back
Top Bottom