medication

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

aboizd1

Pillar
Reaction score
Hi- I'm in my fifth week of slowly putting myself on gen-topiramate. I up the dosage by 25mg every week and am now at 100mg. Aside memory loss and tingly fingers and feet I haven't really seen any big side effects...But recently before taking medication my stomach feels really queasy? I take it in a general time frame between 10am-11:30am, but notice the icky feeling around the 10ish mark or whenever I wake up- Can this feeling be related to the meds not being taken at the same time every day? Or is the feeling a sign of seizures?

I've also thought that maybe it's a mind over matter kind of thing as once I take the meds the feeling goes away...could it be my body growing more dependant on the medication?

Could be your body grwoing dependent on the med. Could be not taking at the same time everyday. Docs want meds taken at the same time everyday so that there isn't a lapse or dip in med levels. I'm not on topiramate....but is it okay to take with food? If so, you might want to try eating a little something before taking the med. other then that, you could always call your docs office and ask.

yup I can take it with food if I like, its optional-I can never get ahold of my doctors office- really unrealiable, I see them again in 3 weeks after my MRI- I pondered maybe asking the pharmacy and also asking if i should split my dose into part in the morning and part at night like i had it with my first medication to keep it more constant maybe...

When I began changing to Lamictal, my stomach was always upset (I used to wake up nauseous). Food really does help.---LMT

I'll try eating something first thing tomorrow! Thanks for the hint!

Its just a bit strange, or at least I think it is, as its the fifth week and its just now that I've started to feel sick'ish and today was a definate I AM GOING to be sick moment...but I took my pills, and went back to sleep and later went about my day? so im not sure what to think......when i was first on tegretol i would wake up everyday around 5am feeling nauseous but that went away after the first 2 weeks-it didnt show up later-and it wasnt this same SICK feeling...

Back
Top Bottom