Meds weren't so bad today..but on another note RANT.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

allie510

New
Reaction score
Okay the side effects today were ALOT better ...um i just hope this continues...I just still feel very overwhelmed by this whole matter..kind of been crying on and off today. I returned the plates to my car the other day and I couldn't go out all day today( not to the park with my son and not to go out with friends.) I have been so bored alll day and now i just feel caged in..... sorry for putting it out there but whats even worse is that I feel like my parents don't understand a single thing that's going on. And my mom whose a nurse and is an OUTSTANDING NURSE at that ...tells me the other day. "why haven't I seen you have a seizure?" UMMMMMMMMM she wasn't home when I had the one in the house she was at work or school I was with my brother. Then the 2 at work...she saw how I was after ..... then the ones in my sleep >>>I DON"T SLEEP WITH HER<<<<< she got me so upset that I told her well if I get another seizure I'll just stop and wait for u to come so that u can see it....i'm sorry but i can't predict when it's going to happen again. Quite honestly im not looking forward to it happening just so she can see it either.

btw ..she knows that I pass out from time to time rare but it happens because its been happening since i was little and she was the one to tell me that i had passed out one time and started seizing....she gets me so mad sometimes.

I really hope you feel better soon, every now & then I get pretty emotional about my seizures when I feel restricted. If I remember properly there was someone else on this site from the UK (I'm assuming that's where your from) that got a free bus pass. Maybe because of your situation you could get one for your kid as well. Have you checked into that?

Allie - I have had many people try to figure out Rebecca's sezures. Only at school? Never at home? Is there a social problem? Even some of the questions I have asked my daughter, tend to get bitter responses. It is a sensitive time for everyone. Mom's are suppose to put a bandaid on the problem and fix it.
I use my info to gain knowledge to help my daughter. She sees now that we are making progress, and is opening her mind up more to the direct connection to where, when, why, and how. It makes a difference. Keep track of those. Your mom might, just might have some answers to help you.

My daughter is going on over 50 days and they are reducing in number according to the calendar I keep. She is med free.

Sorry about the loss of your license. Rebecca isn't even able to consider getting hers yet. I am her driver for the time being. We are making changes in our lifestyle so that she has more independence in the future. Life can't be lived in seclusion. One can't heal that way.

Last edited:
I am glad you feel free to vent here. That is one of our reasons for this site to exist. So many of us share similar frustrations.

Take care of yourself as stress can be a trigger. Let it go here and get rid of some of it.:twocents:

If I remember properly there was someone else on this site from the UK (I'm assuming that's where your from) that got a free bus pass. Maybe because of your situation you could get one for your kid as well. Have you checked into that?

Yeah that was me. You can get a NOW card from your local council. You just need a letter from the DVLA stating that you've had to surrender your license due to medical reasons, and something like a bank letter to show your address. Some people will ask for a letter from your doc or neurologist too, but i didn't need one.

It gives you free travel on buses (and trams too, because i live in Blackpool) all over England and Scotland, though i'm not too sure about Wales. Not sure you're from Uk though, as you said "Mom" instead of "Mum", but hey, it's worth knowing for other people who may read this. Do they not have a similar thing in the US?

My mum's never seen me have a seizure either. She's seen some odd behaviour associated with absences, but never a full seizure. I think that if my brother and my cousin hadn't seen me on the two occasions where i did have a t/c then i don't think she would think anything of it at all!

Im sorry but i wish i was in the UK...Im in New York State. Thank you guys for hearing me out.....

I've found that my experience with epilepsy has involved a lot of learning and teaching. Friends and family don't always "get it" at first. Nor do the doctors, for that matter. Be patient and persistent. The more folks who can empathize with you and be in your support network, the better. You could tell your parents to check out this site and others. And maybe ask your doctor/neuro to explain your seizure situation to your parents, or provide a written explanation for them to read.

Back
Top Bottom