Memory Loss.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Senjuro

New
Reaction score
I've had several Grand Mal seizures and countless smaller-grade seizures during my 14 years of epilepsy. And just as many meds to control them it seems. I recently found those meds can cause memory loss in some cases. Now, seeing as my memory is becoming worse, my question is this: Is there some way to keep the short/long term memory I have left, or even regain what I've lost? I've searched the internet for days on end many times and have turned up almost nothing on either. During a stay in the hospital for just over 2 months after a Grand Mal, I had several mini strokes as well as smaller seizures. So all that, in combination with the many meds to control seizures I've been on that may cause memory loss, I feel like I can use all the help I can get.

Senjuro,
After I came off paticular drug my memory improved90%.
What meds are you on? I was on Dilantin that erased my memory.
I've never had problems with other drugs.My brainsurgery only affected my memory temparary basis.When I started remembering things I had forgotten from brain surgery I neverlost them again.:e:

Belinda

Last edited:
Belinda5000, I'm on Tegretol 800mg twice a day, 1000mg of depakote twice a day with Gabapentin 800mg taken am, afternoon and 2 at bed time. I'm also on some others - Nucynta and Lyrica for pain relief (as well as some pain relief from the Gabapentin), Abilify for depression, Tenormin for my heart and a bunch of vitamins for head ache prevention. I listed the ones I thought most important to this subject, sorry for the lengthy response! But keep in mind, I am very tall and quite hefty, so the dosages are correct for my weight/degree of problems.

Cint, I responded to Belinda5000 with my meds and dosages. And thank you for the suggestion, I'll check that website out! Like I said, at this point, I'll try anything!

Er, I forgot to mention, the pain relief is needed for my Peripheral Neuropathy. It was originally diagnosed as "ICU Neuropathy" which is temporary. But my Neuropathy liked me so much it decided to stay.

Back
Top Bottom