mind racing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
has anyone ever notice after taking some aeds their mind racing all over the place?

keppra I think is having this effect on me Im starting to notice I cant make up my mind very easily...

anyone else ever have this problem while taking keppra or another med for E..... its like your mind goes in overdrive....

That is how Stacy used to be when she was not taking meds. The racing mind was usually a prelude to an absence seizure in her case.

Rebecca explained it as multiple thoughts, and that typically came before her tonic clonic. The neuro said it was a complex partial that went to a full generalized.

Rebecca explained it as multiple thoughts, and that typically came before her tonic clonic. The neuro said it was a complex partial that went to a full generalized.

I called my doctors office today because i was feeling weird they told me not to quit my meds,,,, i was freaking because of the mind racing like im going crazy or somthing... Im getting upset i thought it was from the keppra... theyve told me to stay on it so i guess i will .... im going to stay offline for a while because i really need to take my mind off all this stuff ..... I told them about the headaches cant eat getting sick to my stomach and other things .... .....

thanks for your replys

love angel

its like your mind goes in overdrive....

My mind has always been like that. Whether I
was on AED or not; however once on Dilantin,
it put my mind at about a 40% reduction, but
it still would race ~ until Zonegran came into
picture, where it put me at a I would guess at
a 80% reduction or maybe 90% reduction?

Trust me, they can TELL when the meds begin
to wear off!

There had been times while I'm supposed to take
it twice a day, morning and at bedtime and it
would be so bad by dinner time, I would end up
having to take it at dinner time instead of bedtime.

They can see the difference Zonegran makes,
and for that reason they won't touch that med
at all, no matter what!

I wished we had some type of a video/audio
equipment so you could at least hear and see me
what it's like when the meds begin to wear off.
It's asinine! You wouldn't be able to understand
a word I was saying. My mind would be going
a zillion miles an hour; my speech would be so
slurred, I wouldn't make sense, and you would
most likely see seizures arising and a heck a lot
more stuff - and then pause after my meds are
given early instead of bedtime. An hour later,
then all of a sudden - I'm myself again and you
would see a huge dramatic change. And that's
exactly what the Doctors and everyone else
sees. It's really bizarre!

:eek:

I'm taking lamictal and my mind starts racing when I lay down for bed, not all the time but every once in a while. I told my wife I though I was going insane. I changed my time during the day for taking the meds and took the evening pill at an earlier time. It seems to be helping. When my mind races its really irritating, songs will fill my head, words will come to me out of nowhere and I cant fall asleep for awhile and I pop wide awake throughout the night.

I have been on Topamax since March, 100mg twice a day. Everything was fine until the other week when I had those 2 seizures back 2 back before bed. I am experiencing the same racing thoughts and restless nights also. I also have some horrible nightmares. I don't know if its the meds or what, but it't the first time since I've been on them that I've felt this way and it really stinks. I am terrified of being left alone anymore and I didn't use to be.

Back
Top Bottom