My beautiful girl has a 'shadow'

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
First, thank you so much for all your welcomes. To read them after coming home from the hospital was really lovely. I have a lovely man (who is not coping so well) and loving family and friends but find myself minimalising how I feel as I don't want them to worry (does that sound wierd?).

Turns out that the first cat scan was not clear as first told. There's a shadow on Mimi's left temporal lobe, the cause of her epilepsy in the opinion of our neurologist. Either a bit didn't develop properly(a birthmark he called it) or its a type of tumour (possibly one of the scariest words ever, will have to find another). So we're waiting on an mri scan in nov to learn more.

He's convinced us to start her on carbamazepine. Apparently the low white blood cell count that she will develop is harmless. Has anyone else had a low count? How does it affect you day to day?

Really interested in the threads on alternative therapies. I am a community artist but in another reality I would be a practising herbalist and aromatherapist. I believe passionately that as we are of this earth, so it contains all we need to heal ourselves. Have ordered a couple of books off the net ( one a link from this site) so looking forward to receiving those and empowering myself to take care of my little girl. Mimi herself has been quite clingy and crying a lot over the last 2 days. She's been so brave, with all the tests etc that I think she's just overloaded. She's still having at least one absent moment a day that we see.

Thanks again for being here. As she hasn't got the words to explain how she feels yet, reading about others really helps

~LET THE BEAUTY WE LOVE BE WHAT WE DO~

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wait a whole month to get an MRI done? I hope it offers some conclusive answers for you all.

I don't have any experience with the low white blood cell count. Maybe others do.

I know Rebecca's white blood count sometimes is high after a seizure. Perhaps for some it is lower. What has helped me to ask more questions is to have a folder full of blood work (done over the year) from different labs and hospitals. Some with fasting some without.
I think it helps to compare, and then question why.

Back
Top Bottom