Neuro appointment in December!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

occb

New
Reaction score
We heard back from the neuro, and my partner has an appointment in december. Yay!

We've already begun keeping record of things as meetz suggested (well, as well as my partner's able to remember what happened and add it :lol:)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for us to do from now until the neuro appointment?

I can't wait -- I just want this settled one way or the other. Although, at this point, it'll be a relief if he's diagnosed with E. Almost 30 years of doctors scratching their heads and saying "I don't know" can get... demoralizing.

Sounds like you're doing everything right! Keep a handle on anything you suspect might be a trigger, and when the December appointment looms, get set with the info and questions you're going to offer up to the neuro.

Oh yeah, questions too. Good idea! Thank you Nakamova.

I've also created several lists:
1) symptoms he's had since childhood
2) additional symptoms he developed in adolescence
3) changes in symptoms with the introduction of different meds (what we can piece together from his past, and what we've observed in the last two years)

Ummm, I guess he's right, I can get a little obsessive about things :lol: The thing is, I'm normally not this organized.

Hi there from a fellow canadian occb! If you need anything just ask, everybody here has been real awesome and helpful with me here, so i wanna keep the cycle going. We might even live near each other. Im here in Manitoba.

If I

didn't remember to mention it before, you might consider videotaping some of his seizures that you aren't sure what they may be, making a copy of the video (CD/DVD), and giving to the neuro to look at. That can help them with the diagnosis process too.

You're doing everything right, and I know it's not an easy thing. But, in the end, it will be worth it, I promise. We'll all be rooting for you.

Let us know how it goes!!

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom