Neurologic cramping

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Tiara

New
Reaction score
i have been diagnosed for a little under a year. however i have had problems with my left hand. my neurologist and i couldnt figure it out. my hand has been cramping for years now. After many tests something finally showed up. on my fourth eeg test they discovered that i have a mark on my brain. my neurologist calls it a small birthmark on the right side of my brain. therefore it causes problems on the left side of my body. i have seizures and cramping of my left hand and foot. the cramping starts from my elbow and works down to my fingers. always in the same paterns. i have not found anything to stop it. i am on a few different medicines and those dont stop it. also in november i was extremely sick. i ended up in the er because my stomach was killing me and i kept getting sharp pains on the left side of my stomach. after three weeks of not being able to get out of bed and many many tests my neurologist said they were seizures. does anyone have anything like this?

It's the first time I've heard of someone having that issue.

When Rebecca first started having seizures her left hand would start shaking and then her head would turn to the left... it then blew into a full tonic clonic seizure.
I have also read about stomach seizures. I don't have any links available but you could do a search with those words and see what you find.

Back
Top Bottom