Neurology got back to me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buddy's owner

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Instead of phoning mum like they said they would they sent a letter, my old neurologist isn't seeing me but is putting me back on tegretol 100mg twice daily and if my seizures persist which I'd rather they didn't he will review me again. At hope they are usually as thomas the tank engine song goes instead of useful crew the really useless crew but not this time, recently they have been really useful crew especially when I had the seizure a few weeks back. Goes to show how unpredictable epilepsy is doesn't it, did well for 2 years than bang.

I hope the Tegretol does the trick andkeeps you seizure-free from here on out.

Thank you for asking this thread to kindly scoot over to the kitchen. Back on tegretol the branded one this time 100mg twice a day which when I was first put on the unbranded one years ago didn't control it properly so it was upped to 400mg twice a day so we shall see, they said if the seizures persist they will review me again and up the dose. The good news is my anti seizures meds won't cause any trouble with all my other meds so they say.

Sounds promising! Hope all is smooth sailing now.

Hoping the 100mg will be enough to keep my tonic clonics away, I may have had one a few weeks ago but I'd rather not have anymore, rather be seizure free. That's 3 things I have that can't be cured only controlled, endometriosis, sub acute lupus and epilepsy. Next time the dog acts weird the way he did before my seizure we take notice. I say to people who ask why would Buddy act weird I go don't you get it that's why he acted so weird he sensed it coming and was trying to tell me.

Next time the dog acts weird the way he did before my seizure we take notice. I say to people who ask why would Buddy act weird I go don't you get it that's why he acted so weird he sensed it coming and was trying to tell me.
Yep. They know. My Valentino knows and tells me.
Dogs are very good at communicating with us. We just have to become better at listening.

Back
Top Bottom