New Medicine and Light sensitivity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Milagro

New
Reaction score
I am on a new trial medicine and for a reason I have had sensitivity problems that cause me to lock up if I am around my normal work lights for more than 5 minutes. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this? I will be talking to my regular doctor next weekend when the trial ends.

I am on a new trial medicine and for a reason I have had sensitivity problems that cause me to lock up if I am around my normal work lights for more than 5 minutes. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this? I will be talking to my regular doctor next weekend when the trial ends.

On a related note, has anyone heard any positive affects from smoking cannabis?

My daughter was recently diagnosed with photosensitivity and we were told by our doc to get very dark wrap around sunglasses with POLARIZED Lens until she was able to switch medicines. Prior to getting the sunglasses she had back to back partial seizures whenever she was outside in the bright sunlight. I'm happy to say that the sunglasses did work extremely well.8)

On a funny note, I searched all over for Dark Polarized Wrap around sunglasses that weren't terribly expensive (after all she is a child who is prone to losing things due to her "forgetfulness") and finally found a pair that were somewhat stylish and that she liked. Two weeks later, hubby needed to go to Gander Mountain (hunting/fishing/outdoor store) for a new tackle box and as we're standing in the fishing department my daughter noticed all the polarized sun glasses. One pair even bragged, "The Darkest Available ~ Perfect for spotting the fish without the glare!" We laughed hysterically. So if/when she loses her current pair we know exactly where to go.

As for the other question...I've no experience at all and will probably never have any.:angel:

On a funny note, I searched all over for Dark Polarized Wrap around sunglasses that weren't terribly expensive (after all she is a child who is prone to losing things due to her "forgetfulness") :angel:

Gempler's (gemplers.com) is a retailer of supplies and equipment for landscapers, farmers, etc. They have cheap (about $5.00) wraparound style sun/safety glasses.

As to the sensitivity and drug relationship, I have no idea. Sorry. I know some antibiotics can cause an increase in sun sensitivity, but to regular work lights, :dontknow: Weird.

Back
Top Bottom