Nice try epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buddy's owner

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Good boy again Buddy. Last night I got 2 warnings my flashing lights that aren’t there but before that Buddy ran to me and started rapidly licking my hand so I tried to phone mum then because I couldn’t get hold of her phoned my sister. She came right away along with my aunty and uncle over the road. I took a clobazam, this was all after taking my epilepsy medication. Good news is clobazam did it’s job and nothing happened in the night, completely fine today. Buddy slept in my room last night in the little living room bit on his daytime bed in there. If it weren’t for the warnings I might have had a seizure. We think it was because this implant is new and hasn’t settled yet that is why it happened. It can take a while for implants to settle.

yay for Buddy! Unconditional love AND seizure alert pal all in one. :)

Oh well done Buddy, what a little star he is. :clap:

My daughter also takes a Clobazam tab when she has a partial and so far they've always prevented a TC coming on later, in the past she'd usually have a TC some time later that day or early the next day.
I'm glad they're helping you too and also glad you have such a good friend in Buddy - was he trained as an alert dog or did he just pick up on your condition himself? Clever little fella.

GREAT JOB BUDDY!!!!!

I had a cat once who always seemed to know when I was going to have a seizure. He laid on me a lot but when I was going to have a seizure he got right up on me and would't move until I was completely out of the seizure and feeling normal. He was a pretty big boy too so I couldn't push him off. He knew it clear to the end too - 17 years old, he'd had a stroke, was blind and had a hard time getting around. I hated having to put him down! One of my other cats seems to be starting to know when I'm going to have a seizure now. She doesn't lay on me much but when I'm going to have a seizure a lot of the times she'll get up on me. She's not quite a 'seizure cat' yet but she's learning!

Last edited:
Oh well done Buddy, what a little star he is. :clap:

My daughter also takes a Clobazam tab when she has a partial and so far they've always prevented a TC coming on later, in the past she'd usually have a TC some time later that day or early the next day.
I'm glad they're helping you too and also glad you have such a good friend in Buddy - was he trained as an alert dog or did he just pick up on your condition himself? Clever little fella.

He wasn’t trained as a seizure alert dog. I won’t be back. Was hoping my account would be deleted. Already requested it be deleted.

He's pretty amazing.
Folk learn from other peoples threads so a lot of forums don't delete accounts for that reason, you can just delete your account and from your end if you're not posting anymore.
I hope you won't be back because it'll show you're on the road to recovery.

Back
Top Bottom