Night seizure? Or Cipralex?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

aboizd1

Pillar
Reaction score
Its bitter sweet posting here again. Nice to have the support, but I wish I didn't have anything to post :/ So my back story is...I've been on topiramate for about 9yrs after having 3 separate grand mals. Nothing since then. To add to the medical complexity, I also take cipralex for anxiety/depression-which has sweating and seizures as a possible side effect.

So last night I woke up, had to run to the bathroom and barely stay on toilet, then got really hot, then really cold, then heaved but didn't really vomit. Was very anxious about seizing, and after I made a phone call went back to bed, and fell asleep. Whats making me find this odd is that I am not sick today, I am 100% tired, and I have had this same thing happen about 1 every 6 months for the past 2 years.

Is it focal seizure? Is it the cipralex? Panic attack? :(

Any ideas?

TBH, it sounds like food poisoning! Which can happen 24 hours or more after the initial exposure. But if you can rule out food poisoning, then anxiety seems more likely. Also (this may not apply to you) but sometimes menopause can affect folks that way.

Still, it's a good idea to make a note of what happened and any relevant circumstances that you can come up with (dehydration? stress? too much MSNBC?, etc.). If it starts to happen more frequently, let your neuro know.

I went out for dinner on Tuesday! So very possible? I didn't realize it had a hold over time. I'm 28..I'm going to hope it's not early menopause

I hope you're feeling better now!

Back
Top Bottom