Are Night Sweats and Chest Pain known side effects of Lamictal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Both started happened around the same time I went from 200 mg/day to 400 mg/day. Anyone else have these side effects on Lamictal?

Yup, both of those are listed side effects. I definitely had the night sweats when I first went on Lamictal.

Yes they went away for me, but I also backed off on my Lamictal dose. (I started at 250mg, but then tapered slowly down to 175 where I am now.)

I had the night sweats. Damp clothes and sheets in the morning. It took months to go away.

Chest pain...yes, but it was another cause, not lamictal. I had, actuallystill have, metabolic acidosis. also a side effect of a med, but not typically of lamictal.

The side effect hasn't left me after 8 years of Lamictal.. night sweats every night. I set the heat down in the house to around 15°C at night, so it isn't so bad.

In the morning I'm all damp and hot, and my wife is wearing layers of pj's, still cold. But with the temperature low enough I've gotten used to it.

I was sweaty all the time when I first went on Lamictal XR, and am still sweaty at night, though not as bad. I didn't get the chest pains as a side effect, though from what I have heard, it's also pretty common. The main issues I've had with Lamictal XR are a headache, dry mouth, and it's killed my sex drive.

I used to get rashes and stuff from keppra. If I can remeber clear eneough I have been on that for 10 years. It really only has put metired.But with getting all the seizures.that is nothing.

I've been taking that for 5+ yrs and I've never had any of those side effects.
when did you start taking Lamictal? and has your dosage stayed the same or flip flopped in amount?

I started having night sweats about a year ago and I've been on Lamictal for a good while and I don't think that the dosage has changed either since this started happening.

I used to beable to sleep in flanel pj's with about 3 heavy blankets on me in the winter. In the summer I'd just sleep in a t-shirt with a fairly heavy blanket on me with no problems. Then about a year ago I started wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. Now winter and summer I've got to sleep with nothing on and just a sheet on me, if even that much.

I've never had chest pains since I've been on it.

Back
Top Bottom