Is this normal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey gang!

So a few days ago once the real going off topamax kicked in the last few days and then the day after, I was having my nocturnal seizures and theyve been more active again.

The part that i dont get and would like to know have anyone of you sleep walked, and talked after being taken off a med?

happened 2 nights in a row, and now its back to nightly seizures havent been told about walking or talking since then but my wife sleeps so soundly she wouldnt know.

any thoughts would be great to know.

In 5 days i have my veeg so hope that brings some answers, since im back to square 1 with all my other medical issues and is causing my depression to kick into high gear.

Thanks for thoughts and input.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I haven't taken Topamax so I can't really comment but I've always been quite an "active sleeper". My childhood epilepsy was mostly nocturnal seizures too so I have some pretty entertaining stories. It sounds like your brain is running overtime, I hope it settles down for you as your body adjusts. On the upside, lets hope the upcoming EEG can capture it and see what it is!

Mine are

nocturnal seizures as well, but very well controlled due to the cocktail *clearing throat* that I'm on. I'd hate to think what would happen if I went off one of them.

Is it possible for you to set up a camcorder or something similar at night to catch what happens so that you have documentation for the doctor?

And yes, I can completely understand where you're coming from when it comes to starting from square one. That one sucks a hill o'beans.

Meetz
:rock:

Dont have a camcorder (wish I did tho with 6 kids it be handy lol) but i have a veeg in 4 days so my neuro will be able to see whats going on in a few days since my seizures havent stopped since stopping my topamax last tues.
and my cell phone wont record that long sadly but hey oh well will make do!
but ive been trying to think of something to "catch" my night seizures but havent been able to think of a surefire way as of yet :D
and agree about the hill o beans made me smile needed that this morning ty!

Mike

I take Topomax for seizures, but it is also used as a mood stabilizer, so that may be why your getting depressed again. I've also had nocturnal seizures as well as daytime seizures, while taking high doses of meds, and my ex says I have talked in my sleep while having a seizure.

Hopefully, the VEEG will reveal something.

thanks cint, it could be but my depression was ramping up before the starting to come off it happened, i was on a low dose and going lower to 0 lol and good to know im not alone with the talking the walking scares me more than anything.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom