Is this normal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MAB

New
Reaction score
Have you ever gotten up for work, showered/washed hair, put your make-up on, started to put mousse in your hair and instead rubbed it all over your face? Some days I think I belong in a nursing home where someone can take care of me.

The other night I woke up and took my thyroid pill just like I do arounf 3:30 in the morning and my husband was getting out of the shower. I thought it was strange that he was taking a shower at that time. I went back to bed, work up 3 1/2 hours later and got up for work and started to get ready. It finally dawned on me it was only 2:30 in the morning. Before it dawned on me what the correct time was, I had already tajen my lamictial. No wonder I had such strange dreams.

Do you use a face wash you usually rub all over your face? LOL. Sometimes routines just get the best of you. I have gone to work an hour early before, but nothing more than that.

I'm sure others have done the same as you.

No, I wash my face at night and only rinse it in the morning.

I have also gone to work a couple hours early. I work alone and no one would have ever known but I sent my boss an email from work. When I realized how early it was I sent him another one that I was going back home for an 1 1/2 hours.

He's young and he might not understand except that his wife just suffered a TBI so he is so stressed he makes the same kind of mistakes I make.

I've done things like going to my doctor appointments a week early because I wrote it on the calendar on the wrong date. Or showing up at my hairdresser on the wrong day, a day earlier than the appt. One time she called me because I was thinking my appt. was an hour later than she had it written down. If it isn't written down for me and displayed in an obvious place, I will forget it. I too, have a TBI. I've sent some family members duplicate Xmas cards or birthday cards on several occasions.

If I didn't have a pill box for all my pills, there is no way I would remember if I had taken my meds this morning. And I take lots, not just AEDs.

Back
Top Bottom