Our stroll yesterday

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes, it was a great day. I'm trying to post the video from you tube that I made.

Great Video.

That was a great video and music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More people need to be aware of how serious epilepsy and seizures are. You should try to get it on regular tv and cable tv also. Not enough people know how serious epilepsy is. I almost died from it twice when I was little. Epilepsy is nothing to laugh at or about. I hope you can get this out on telivision. I'm glad someone is taking a stand on this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: Again it was a great video. I would like to see more things like this. I hope you can make more. Thank you for the video.

Last year I was on our local cable channel talking about the stroll and Epilepsy. I also was in the newspaper regarding the stroll and my daughter's death. I am trying very hard here to bring up the awareness. I also thought that by posting this on you tube, people will see the faces of those that have this disorder.

I agree with you more people need to be aware of epilepsy. How old was your daughter when she died? I'm not trying to be nosey. Sorry to hear your daughter past away. I'm sure she was close to you.

Tina was 24. I don't mind sharing this information, I have it all posted in my profile. It's because of her death that I am so involved now.

Sorry to hear she died at such a young age. I'm glad you're involved in wanting to help people with epilepsy. I'm glad to see people like you, I wish more people would be like you. More people wanting to help instead of taking. I have had two surgeries cause of mine. I have been on medication since I was little. Again sorry to hear you lost your daughter.

Glad it turned out to be a good day for you Laura.

Hawke, is there a E foundation near you? Maybe you could get involved.

Thanks for sharing the video Tinas Mum.

I'm glad that it was a good day for you.

Last edited:
Mud Volleyball

Congrats on a successful event.

The Ohio chapters also have strolls, but the big events for them seem to be the Mud Volleyball tournaments. The ones in Dayton and Columbus, Ohio also incorporate music, food, and other entertainment. I hope to be able to attend one this year. The dates always seem to conflict with me.

I hope everyone else has success as well.

Tinasmom~
I was so moved and impressed by your Youtube video that I decided to embed it into my blog. I hope you don't mind but it was just so inspirational. If you want me to remove or change anything please let me know. Great Job!

That's fine. I feel that the more exposure E gets, the better. I was inspired by someone on You Tube and made a video of my daughter also.

I am one of those people who just don't do the Youtube thing that much. But I was impressed by your video so I think I'll look for other videos that raise awareness of Epilepsy. I just want to avoid the seizure videos as I'm sure they would be troubling to my ten year old daughter.

This is the first time I posted on Youtube and I also created a My Space. I have watched some of the videos of seizures and they usually make me cry. I just want to jump through my monitor and hold them until it is over. I truly believe that God gave me this mission to help people with E, and it is love that drives me with God's help and direction.

It is good you're wanting to help people Laura. We need more people like you that's willing to help. May God bless you.

I've been watching a few tonight and have been moved to tears several times. I feel that same "calling". Kind of like, "Oh, THIS is what I'm supposed to do." Upon finding out that my daughter had E. I felt very alone but because we've been so vocal about her condition we've had several people come to us and say, "My daughter..." or "My son..." I'm thinking of starting a support group here in our little "hick" town as a place for parents to come and not just talk about our feelings, but to share our experiences, compare notes...all the good stuff.

Awesome and Congrats!

Just absolutely fabulous video, I watched it
last night on my other computer!

:clap: :tup: :woot:

Kudos to you and everyone else and I LOVED
the excerpts that were added to it as well,
the first time I've seen a video with excerpts
added - I wish more would do this!

Back
Top Bottom