OW! I bit my damn tongue again!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wally

New
Reaction score
Well, I had another T/C yesterday. First one in over 6 months! It was a bad one too. I didn't feel too bad last night. Today I feel like death. Can barely climb the stairs on all fours. I really crunched my tongue too. Anyone know any good remedies for that terrible pain after you try to bite part of your tongue off?

NOpe....no cure other than time... :) Although, I would imagine that teething gel, orajel, or clove oil would numb it pretty good. Just make sure you don't put it on any open wounds.

I usually

gargle salt water........it stings a bit, that's true, but it will help it heal.....

The other option is some diluted H202 (hydrogen peroxide).....you'll look like you're foaming at the mouth a bit, but hey, let's have some fun!!! Hehe.:pfft::roflmao:

Honey has natural healing powers and tastes great. It's perfect for bitten tongues

ouch!

i really hate when that happens, i always bite my toungue when i have a seizure , its one of the worst phisical pains about a seizure i think. i love to eat food and i cant after a seizure. usually hurts for about a week. and i sound weird when i talk too. sorry for going on and on but i really know how you feel
and ive never talked to anybody about it that would understand where im coming from. ice cream is the best remedy.

i really hate when that happens, i always bite my toungue when i have a seizure , its one of the worst phisical pains about a seizure i think. i love to eat food and i cant after a seizure. usually hurts for about a week. and i sound weird when i talk too. sorry for going on and on but i really know how you feel
and ive never talked to anybody about it that would understand where im coming from. ice cream is the best remedy.

Yes it is a terrible pain that keeps reminding you of a bad time. I tried the honey, it seems to work briefly. Gonna go get ice cream, pistachio!

i always find it strange how during a seizure, you can bite a good size chunk out of your tongue and cheeck and not bleed too excessivly, but if you take the same size chunk out of any other part of your body you will need medical assistance for it. the body is very strange that way.

i always find it strange how during a seizure, you can bite a good size chunk out of your tongue and cheeck and not bleed too excessivly, but if you take the same size chunk out of any other part of your body you will need medical assistance for it. the body is very strange that way.

Yes, but Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio is the miracle cure.

this maybe funny, but i use big red chewing gum to help with the tender tongue so i can talk without a lisp

Back
Top Bottom