partial seizures & ms cycle

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
I've noticed & have been keeping a diary of seizure activity .... reading through a few months even while taking meds im having partial seizures they seem to be happening the first week right before my ms. my question is can I go out and buy progesterone cream and just try it? "while on aeds" I really cant go to the doctors we are broke.... has anyone used progesterone cream for seizures during the first week of ms cycle has it helped with partial seizures during this time?...... I had two seizures then started couldnt even get out of bed yesterday I felt so off.. was on the sofa most of the day....

any info any can share with using progesterone would be very helpful to me as im really thinking about trying it..

ps. I feel like im so close to being seizure free ..... Im wondering if this might help.

thanks,
angel

Last edited:
I don't think that an over the counter progesterone cream is going to give you the results that you are looking for Angel. Also synthetic progesterone hasn't been known in studies to be helpful either. Everything I read is that it needs to be bio-identical progesterone. Your neurologist can prescribe it. Rebecca's is a 5% progesterone that we get from a compounding pharmacist.

Part of being seizure free as is discussed in Epilepsy:a new approach is that it is a matter of believing it, and knowing your strengths and weaknesses.

Have you read that book yet? If you can't find it in the library, I will mail you my copy.
Let me know, because I know the finances are tight right now. I was thinking that we need to have a sharing of books, and maybe there would be a way we could have a swap thread in the library.

thank you robin,

Ill talk to my neuro about that... & I havent had a chance to go to the library yet. Ive just figured out where it is located the other day:) thank you for the info about the book ill see if they have it in the library:)

Im really sick of taking aeds..... i keep having side effects. :soap: :cry:

You might try taking pregnenolone. It's a precursor to progesterone (your body uses it to make progesterone) and it's available over the counter at most vitamin shops.

You might try taking pregnenolone. It's a precursor to progesterone (your body uses it to make progesterone) and it's available over the counter at most vitamin shops.

Thanks for that suggestion, I'm going to give it a try.

I was just sitting here debating whether or not to call my neuro today and see about going on hormone therapy. I'll give the pregnenolone a try first.

Thank you Bernard,

Ill go pick some up & at least give it a try.... :) I really cant afford to go to the neurologist's office right now... i have to go to the lab on the 4th for more blood work..
but im going to have to call the doctor and tell him i cant come to my appointments until i can find a job:) my kids having shoes and the things they need right now is more important to me than having to see the neurologist every three months......

so im trying anything that might help on my own.....

thanks again

Lorrie

Hey there,

I hope all is o.k. with you..I sent you 2 emails and didn't hear back. I hope everything is o.k. I just had to get out of bed because I felt so awful trying to fall asleep. My breathing is so weird and shallow and my arms have been burny and numb feeling off and on for days. Seizures??I don't know..I am so paranoid something else is really wrong. My heart causing seizures?? MS with all the muscle weakness and pain?? I don't even know what to check anymore. I get so freaked out with the way this feels and I can't fall asleep let alone feel like I'm breathing. Please say some extra prayers that I feel better and get answers..I am afraid to really know! But maybe the Drs. can put my mind at ease. We are supposed to leave for a paid vacation to Fl in 9 days..the kids are bringing friends. They are all so excited..I was too..but with all this I don't know ??I get so much worry when this happens..and it is NOT anxiety. We both talked about that..been there done that with Drs. and it was actually seizures..even the psychiatrist knew that wasn't it. I pray I will fall asleep when I go back up to bed. I need lots of extra prayers right now. I am not too proud to ask all of ya'll either. I am having a real tough time right now. I just prayer I can get through this. I have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful kids and love them so dearly..this is just so very hard and I want to feel better so badly. Thanks again for listening!!

Back
Top Bottom