Please read - Just got back from visting Rae in the hospital

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris515

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call from Chad, Rae's fiance. She's been in the hospital since Sunday. She is stable for now.

It started with a migraine, and it progressed to constant seizures. They just won't stop. She's been having around 10 every day, some at the 5 minute mark and some even at 10 minutes.

She's been taking valporic acid I hope it will start to help. They are transferring her to another hospital soon and I pray to God that the seizures will stop for her.

I'm very worried about her. It's breaking my heart writing about it I'm trying not to cry. She's such a wonderful person and she doesn't deserve any of this crap. She's in a very rough state, and when I arrived she asked me how I was doing. She is a great person.

So please everyone keep her in your thoughts and prayers, I'll keep you updated as I know more.

Chris

I wondered why i hadn't heard from her in a while! I noticed that she hadn't been on facebook.

Pass on my best, and i really hope that they get it under some sort of control soon. Thats a long time for such large amounts of seizures to be happening :(

Thank you for letting us know Chris. When Rae couldn't find a med that would help or a good neuro to see right away, I was so afraid that this scenario might occur. I am sending her giant hug and wishes for getting stable and healthy soon. Please let her know that we are all thinking of her, and keep us updated.

Thanks Chris

I really do appreciate you updating us. Please keep us informed & if you do see her again please send her my best.

My heart sank as I just read that. It makes me so sad that such a nice person is faced with such a horrible predicament. I read all Rae's posts and know things have just been getting worse and worse for her latelly. I wish there was something I could do.
She is one tough cookie though. I guess if anyone can get through all of this, she can.

Thank you for the update Chris -- I was wondering where she was the last few days. Send her my best, and I have high hopes the meds will take effect and she can come for the Calgary visit she and Chad are planning.

*Hugs* to you and Rae and Chad

Ooooooooooh

no. Please pass on my best wishes to her, and give her big hugs as well. She and Chad will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this mess will be over with, and soon.

I just chatted with her on the 4th. I will keep her in my thoughts, but do let us know if there are any changes.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I'm hoping I'll get to visit again tomorrow. I'll pass on your messages to her; I'm sure it will raise her spirits knowing that you're all thinking of her. All of you and this site mean so much to her.

Chris,

Please let her know that even a newbie is hoping for only a great turn of events for her!

Please send Rae my very best wishes, she's in my thoughts.
Thanks for letting us know Chris.

Chris, I am so sorry this is happening to her. I will keep her in my prayers and hope the new hospital will be able to get everything under control.

Thanks for the updates. It's great that you can be there for Rae and Chad. Please let them know I'm thinking about both of them and hope she can get some control soon.

Thanks for letting us know Chris. Please pass along my regards.

Thanks for letting us know, Chris. Can you please tell Rae our thoughts and prayers are with her? I'm so sad that things are going this way. Hopefully it will turn around soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with Rae and Chad as well, that something is found as soon as possible to get this under control.

Chris

I am so upset :(

Praying hard for her right now. Please keep me posted!

Take Care:e:

Prayers and thoughts go out to her I am so sorry she is going through this and hope she finds a good treatment plan soon!

John

I am so sad to hear of this.
I hope she gets better soon. Tell her that everyone here is wishing her well.
I will pray for her and pray that she feels better and she will be able to get the help she needs neuro wise.

Take care
Crystal and her guide Umbro

Back
Top Bottom