Poor Eyesight Causing Many Seizures ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I hope all is going well with everyone and I wish you all only the best. Today I had a terrible day with seizure after seizure all day long into the evening.
What happened was the frames of my glass needed to be repaired today so I didn't wear them all day long and I ended up having many absence
and aura seizures. I don't know if this could be the problem that caused the seizures but I haven't had this many seizures in almost a year.
Have any of you ever heard that poor eyesight can trigger seizures? I know it sounds strange but I can't help but wonder if this was the problem. Thanks for your time and help and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Last edited:
Sue,

I'm so sorry to hear this. While I don't know much.. perhaps more strain on the brain triggered it?

-Take care & best,
Suman

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your support it's a new day today but so lets see what will happen, yesterday I had 5 seizures in one day and that's way to many than usual for me. Wishing you only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sue - I have wondered about this too. I'm curious to see if anyone knows more about this. I'm sorry you had a lot of seizures yesterday.

I'm sorry to hear that Sue :( I know that feeling well having seizures all day. Where it wears you out. Some of the meds can give you poor eye sight.

Hi Everyone,

I what to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your support and understand.
Since I got my glasses back I haven't had a single seizure. I can't help but wonder if the straining from trying to read from a distance caused more stress for me and that in turn triggered the seizures. You all are wonderful friend and I wish all of you only the best. May God Bless Each and Everyone of You!

Sue

sue they (nhs )made me a pair of specs to put over my ordinary specks they cut a lot of spectrum out mind you blind bat with them but they surppose help and also keep migraine controlled time will tell.
IF I went without specs it make my e bad I know I done it.Do you have spare specks.i know since I stopped wearing multifocal things have got bit better with e may just be coincidence..Iwould think spectral specks cost bomb in America but insurance should cough up they are medical thing prescribed at hospital
lone wolf which meds cause poor vision

Hey Sue -- Maybe without glasses your eyes were more vulnerable to lights, and that was triggering for you. Anyway, glad you have your glasses back!

Hi Nakomova,

I think you are right I know I'm photosensitive and there was a lot of bright light at the school and it could have triggered seizures for me with no problem. I do know that since I have my glasses back the seizures have stopped thank goodness. Thanks for your help and support. May God Bless You!

Sue

I'm not the best at seeing long distance as I used to be. I usually have to squint to see good. Even writing on the TV.

Hi Nakomova,

I think you are right I know I'm photosensitive and there was a lot of bright light at the school and it could have triggered seizures for me with no problem. I do know that since I have my glasses back the seizures have stopped thank goodness. Thanks for your help and support. May God Bless You!

Sue

That why I prescribed spectral glasses cut infer red ultra violet out

Back
Top Bottom