Possible partial seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
I've never been one to be huge into the 'partial' scene, however I think after having come back to this forum lately and seeing so many people dealing with 'partials' - I was wondering if some of the odd sensations I get throughout the day could be something along those lines even though I haven't had a full TC in 20 months...

I often get the sensation of being lost, ya know? Like when you'e in the parking lot of the grocery, trying to find your car and at first it's a struggle, that kind of feeling... it happens throughout the day and it's a mix of being 'lost' and 'deja vu' that kinda flitter in and out of one another... after this happens it's very hard for me to concentrate on anything for a while afterwards... i don't really feel immobilized or anything, I can walk and stuff...

Also, my myoclonic jerks which I'm so very fond of are now triggered nearly immediately by speaking or concentrating too heavily on a topic... as a result, I can't hold more then a 2 or 3 minute conversation and can only speak about a sentence or two at a time before I get 'too into' it and start jerking... I've been forced to be very introverted where I wasn't before... could they not be simply 'jerks' can 'effected speaking' be something like a partial seizure if it's triggered by... well.. conversation?

Sounds like a partial to me. Probably simple and complex both. Partial seizures are quite variable in most aspects: sensations, duration, intensity, after-effects, etc. Gotta love 'em! (or NOT!)

A lot of times during a simple I'll look around the room and noting seems like it's in the right place. It's as though the couch should be against another wall and the pictures should be hung somewhere else. I also get pretty confused and have problems concentrating on things that I'm doing. These things usually only last around 15 minutes or so, not hours.

During both simple and complex I have problems speaking. In a simple I can still hold a conversation, not a good one though. During a complex I blank out and I don't know what I'm saying if I'm even saying anything at all.

I've never had jerks so I can't give you any advice about how they work into it. These do sound like one or both types of seizure though.

I've never had jerks so I can't give you any advice about how they work into it. These do sound like one or both types of seizure though.

Valeriedl, I only have simple partials involving weakness in my left arm and/or leg and then I also developed phantom odors. The last few partials didn't involve jerks but there has a slight quivering in my left arm pit in addition to my arm being weak.

After a seizure, even a mild short one (1-2 minutes in length) most tasks that are usually easy become difficult for quit a while.

Back
Top Bottom