Potential Epilepsy support group meeting in Austin!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crystal11

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Especially those here in Texas :)
I have been in contact with our Epilepsy Foundation or South & Central Texas organization about getting assistance for my friend Rachel who has epilepsy. I found out that they have a "Seizure Clinic" that comes to the Austin area once a month and you can apply for services and be treated if you qualify. Usually its for persons without a doctor, neurologist, insurance or who have "Traditional Medicaid". Those of us with SSI, Medicaid or both understand how hard it can be to find a neurologist at all. I found one after waiting and hunting, making calls etc for over 7 months now.

So in this email, the contact person also shared that they are working on a schedule for a Epilepsy Adult Support Group for the Austin area. I called about this over 6 months ago just curious if we even had one. Well we don't right now- but she did say that we might have a meeting time in October sometime and that she would email me right away.
SO- anyone in the Texas/Austin area wanting to get together with other adults living with Epilepsy might consider joining or attending.

I was also thinking that if there were people here interested in going, that I could get some names or even just a number of people interested, and email them to my contact person just to let her know, for sure, people are interested.

Everyone take care and be safe.
Crystal and her guide Umbro

interested

I would be interested, but I am in school right now. I have gotten something in the mail about a group that meets on a school night. If there is another night to meet, I would go for sure.

I live in Houston, but always look for reasons to go to the beloved Austin area!
I am interested in attending! I play lots of discgolf in Austin and probably can get some support from the Waterloo discgolf club. they donate to the Ronald Mc Donald house each year via a tournament. It would be great to get both orgs working together.

We now have an established Epilepsy Support Group meeting once a month at a local library confrence room.
It turned out really well when I went. It was my first time and I enjoyed it. Our leader Kelly is really with it and knows how to help each of us with specific concerns.
I had made friends too there.

Next one is December 7th.
Anyone need info just let me know and I can post it.

Take care,
Crystal

Send Speber an invitation via PM - he may not see this thread otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom