A question for Ziggidypoo (or anyone else who has the answer!)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

munchy

New
Reaction score
Hey!

Ziggidypoo, I saw in an old post of yours that you get 10-15 minutes of eyelid twitching, I get this too, isn't it annoying? Did you ever find out what it is?

I also very occasionally get a 'kicking' feeling in my belly (like a baby kicking, but I'm definitely not pregnant, I learnt my lesson the first time lol!) This also lasts 10-15 minutes and other people can see it too so I'm not imagining it!

Neither of these cause me any distress, they just annoy me a bit, especially the eyelid one, because it makes me look strange! I doubt they are epilepsy related, but I thought since I'm not the only one who gets them, I might aswell ask!

Anyone got any ideas?:ponder::horse:
(Don't ask me why I put the horse smilie in, but I can't delete it lol, it's a bit strange!)

Munchy xx

Yeah . I got that a couple of times too. Pretty sure it wasn't a seizure. Did you drink or smoke ( if you drink or smoke) anytime before the twitching? i got it when i drank a bit too much ( graduation party:D). Also got an aura , though , which freaked me out. Have laid off the booze as much as possible since. Your tummy twitch is something i haven't had before though. Were you very hungry or are you a diabetic? try multivitamin pills( eg. neurobion has B1,B6 and B12). could help reduce the twitching .

Munchy:

I experienced the eyelid twitching frequently in the past. It went on (off and on) for a few years. I was always fine if it was my right eye, but when I would go a day having it in my left eye, that was always an indication of a seizure coming. Since my most recent switch of meds (about 8 months ago), I now only occasionally get the twitching every now and then - but without any seizures. During my last appointment with my neuro, I questioned him about it. He believed that a lot of mine was caused by anxiety, but I never really got an answer. In the past, I tried looking it up on the Internet, but found very little about it. Good luck! Josie

Last edited:
I have

similar issues with my left eyelid too, and no answers, either.

Regarding the smilie, you CAN take it out if you wish. Look at your post. It should have an edit key on it still....click it, then start backspacing the code for that particular smilie. It will be between 2 of these --> : If for some weird reason you can't get it out, and you DO want it out, let me know. I'll take care of it.

Toodles!

Meetz
:rock:

Yep, I've had the twitchy eye and kicking belly both - the last one was REALLY freaky!!!

Thank GOD, since upped meds, sleep LOTS, but NO seizures AT ALL (for now). I know the body will eventually get "used to" the levels and phase out, but for now, it is in a sleep zone.

Awake for now.

HEY - EVERYBODY - DO SOME BRAIN EXERCISE play the Malfunction game, see under social forums or whatever. I like it because it makes me think, even if only little words. I sometimes look in a dictionary to come up with the next word. It's fun!!

I get eye twitching, on the left side mostly,
and Neurologists have disclosed it as a seizure
activity, even though it is short, mostly confined
to one side of my face, but it doesn't matter if
I'm on meds or not ~ it just happens. There is
no triggers for this and they had confined this
to OLE - Occipital Lobe Epilepsy, but it sure as
heck leaves me with a headache afterward! It's
amazing how something so short and brief and
mild and minor like that can fire off on an EEG
and leave profound effect!

Moreover, I do not get them very much and they
rarely ever generalize into anything; and if they
do - it's usually into a Simple Partial in a mild form.

But on my EEG's - they have captured it firing off
from the occipital region and into the temporal region
and while they waited for a major seizure to occur,
it only waned off into kindlings; however I did lapse
into "Grand Mal" (Tonic-Clonic) later on (a day or two),
and they weren't sure if it was a 'warning' sign of an
upcoming Grand Mal (Tonic-Clonic), but since having
them so rarely, it's difficult to have any establishment
in this area for my end.

Back
Top Bottom