Scary day...seizure and weird smell?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just needing to vent. I had an hour long seizure today. Usually have OK amount of notice, today didn't or missed it. (Friend told me tonight I was slurring speech and slow to respond on phone call few mins before but I missed it and she was uncomfortable saying something.) Suddenly felt a hot flash and began pouring sweat, I remember restarting my computer and flashing then it began. I got a prefilled Ativan injection out of fridge automatically and injected it somehow getting to my bed. Dropped injection (completed) in bed. Dog got my son 15 at some point. He immediately started calling my husband to get home. All I remember was fighting so hard to say call dad and at one point I was tearing and punching at my face with my clawed hand. Grunting in pain for my son to grab it and hold it. I couldn't verbalize it :( Son kept yelling Mom because he said he was loosing me I felt I was fighting out a grunt - he says I lose consciousness he calls 911 which I don't want.

My husband got home at some point and started ice and cold rags everywhere. Physically I calmed down but my ability to speak took another 30 minutes after the hour of thrashing. Slowly with lots of thought and effort cld get a word out. It was so hard and frustrating.

This is first bad one my son has been alone when it started. Only second he has seen. It makes me cry knowing he sees me that way much less is responsible for my safety to the point he has to understand if 911 is needed. Breaks my heart. He does so well but ......:confused:

I still feel weird. Also notice something I never think to ask- obviously I am drenched in sweat like no other during these- I always smell acidic to myself after in addition to the terrible BO. Has anyone else ever noticed odd body odor only after a seizure?:screwy:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom