seizure doubt

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I was in the garage a short while ago looking for something, I don't remember what now, and my foot caught the edge of the floor broom and the handle flew up and hit me in the face, and it broke my glasses.

I don't have contacts anymore, when I last had them, it was after my surgery, the constant taking my glasses on and off, morning and night started irritating the stitches, I also haven't had them is because the prices are much more expensive than they were when I had my insurance through my last job.

I know the first thing I'll be accused of is that I was having a seizure when I stepped on the broom, it's going to be hard to convince them that it wasn't one.

I was able to get an eye exam and some new glasses. I had wanted to get contacts too but when we found an vision center that had appointments available and could make the glasses today, I only had the normal exam done. I will probably make a contacts exam soon.

I was told by the Dr. who did the exam tell me that I have slight damage to my right eye after telling him about the surgery. It isn't anything major, just that I would never be able to have perfect vision with it. Another sad bit of info I was told, yes, I am exaggerating the "sad", is that I am going to need bi-focal lenses in the next 5 or 6yrs.

When I told my Father what happened, he believes that I didn't have a seizure, just that I need to look where I'm going!

As for 2 other sisters' that was told I had broken them, 1 of them is a bit suspicious that I had seizure since I was alone in the garage when it happened so I stepped on the broom post-itcal with no-one to witness. As for the other 1, she knows that it could happen, because she could do it herself!

I've had that happen -- If I got a bruise or a bump, a friend or family member might look at me dubiously and wonder if I had a seizure. Sometimes people are just clumsy!

Sorry to hear about the bifocals. I'm probably looking at those or progressive lenses at some point down the road.

I had a seizure a couple years back while cutting the grass. The way I figured it out is that I'd run over my 23ft ham radio antenna and then shoved the mover half way through the chain link fence.

I've had that happen -- If I got a bruise or a bump, a friend or family member might look at me dubiously and wonder if I had a seizure. Sometimes people are just clumsy!

I'm like this too. If I can run into it, trip on it or anything else I will. If I have a black and blue mark or scrape somewhere on me the first thing people will ask was "Did you have a seizure?".

Do you remember anything at all before, during or after about hitting yourself with the shovel? If you do then you probably weren't having a seizure. If you don't, just saw there was a shovel laying there and your glasses were broken, then it could be possible you were.

Sorry to hear about the bifocals. I'm probably looking at those or progressive lenses at some point down the road.

My mom had to get bifocals and she hated them, plus they can be expensive. She went to the dollar store and bought the reading glasses there that only cost a dollar. She bought so many that she has a pair in every room in the house, the car and her purse. She said they work great for her. She said it can a pain sometimes having to switch glasses to read things but it was worth it money wise.

valeriedl, I do remember what I was doing before, going into the garage, and start for what it was I had needed, then the shock and pain of it when it hit my face, my laughing, and cussing, at myself afterwards when the right lens was gone, so I know it wasn't a seizure, but since I had no-one with me to witness it, is immediately to my sisters', deemed a seizure.

But when they were told what happened, 1 of the comments was, "You mean like a cartoon?" "Yes, just like a cartoon!" And I'm sure that was what made 2 of my sisters' believe me

Back
Top Bottom