Seizure Helmet for sleep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

masterjen

New
Reaction score
I continue to have occasional nocturnal seizures, and up until now they have always occurred in bed. Recently, though, I have been investigated for "drop attacks" (in quotes because while no other medical cause has so far been found, it has also not yet been determined if they are seizure related). I have no awareness of feeling lightheadedness/dizzy or of tripping before they occur. Because of occurrence when I use the washroom in the middle of the night, I personally have wondered about low blood pressure, altered blood sugar , etc. but extensive testing has ruled out these and numerous other causes.

Bottom line: I've had two concussions in 5 months, the latest being 9 days ago and I'm still in a foggy haze. My neurologist recommended a helmut for sleeping ... wouldn't this be hugely uncomfortable? What about putting one on before I got out of bed to use the bathroom? Thoughts on hard shell vs soft shell if I put it on after I sit up?

Hey mj, sorry to hear that you're having nocturnal seizures + concussions. :(

My guess is that you may need to try out a few helmets before you find one that works for you. The ones from Guardian look like they would be more comfortable than most, and they are machine-washable: https://guardianhelmets.com/

Back
Top Bottom