Seizure Medication.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hawke86

New
Reaction score
Does anyone can any seizure medication where you're suppose avoid direct contact with sunlight? One of the medicines I take has a side effect that says I need to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Especially during the summer time and humid weather. One of the side effects is to much direct sunlight and heat can cause a seizure. Does anyone take any like that?

Hmmmm,

I think I do. :ponder:

I believe that's one of the side effects of the Carbatrol I take, if memory serves me correctly.

I'm not supposed to be in the sun while on my carbamazapine (tegretol) but I find it makes me so sensitive to sunlight that I don't like being in the sun.

Meetz,
You're right that is one of the side effects of carbotral. I also take it.

Yeah, and Eric's

Tegretol is another form of the carbamazepine which is what Carbatrol is, so he's got the same problem we do, too. Kinda sucks, cuz I LOVE being outside.......

I believe it's advisable to avoid a lot of contact with the direct sunlight while taking Mysoline and/or Lamictal. I use SPF 30 (for babies, I know, but it works!).

I believe it's advisable to avoid a lot of contact with the direct sunlight while taking Mysoline and/or Lamictal. I use SPF 30 (for babies, I know, but it works!).

If SPF 30 is for babies what is for babies tell me what or who SPF 45 (what I use) is :ponder:

Mine had a baby picture on the bottle and it said it was waterproof. That was good enough for me.

I wonder how they measure the SPF. It must be some test to check ultraviolet rays or something?! I'm really curious.

Yes I do. My Carbatrol I found out did. Not that I have had any trouble with it.

Back
Top Bottom