Seizure triggers, how do i find out? What is your experience?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KeithH

New
Reaction score
So far i havnet been able to pin down a source that truly triggers mine. I know that sleep deprivation, and dehydration, illness are 3 that i know of for me. Im not sure if light triggers it as well sometimes at my comp i start feeling something like an aura comming on. Anyone with a similar experience, let me know. And how i can find out. When those things happen it freaks me out.

My PC also triggers seizures sometimes. Today was pretty bad for it.

Something else I do is I keep a record on an excel spreadsheet not only when I Have seizures but when I sleep, when & what I eat, when I take my medications, move my bowels and anything unusual I've done that day.

Some things like food might trigger your seizures 12 hours later as they're digested and absorbed & it's much easier to see on a spreadsheet what you've done or eaten the day previous to a seizure rather than try to remember.

I also fill the cells on the spreadsheet where I have seizures red, the ones when I take my meds purple and so on. It just makes it easier to analyze at a glance.

I've noticed that sinse keeping notes of what happened the day of or before the seizure with the help of my family a lot of symptoms have been found. They include major events, unexpected events and large noisy crowds.

Thank you both, i think i shall do that take notes. For now i had experienced it, during dehydration times, and lately on my computer. I also notice that if i over eat, i also feel the auras. seems strange sometimes taking notes will help me pinpoin the problems. thanks for the advice.

It isn't surprising that overeating can cause auras.

Some people believe that to lessen seizures people with e should have 6 smaller meals rather than 3 large ones (like diabetics).

Im not sure if light triggers it as well sometimes at my comp i start feeling something like an aura comming on. Anyone with a similar experience, let me know. And how i can find out. When those things happen it freaks me out.

If you have an old desktop monitor that has a slower refresh rate than a newer monitor, that can mean you're photosensitive, but it could just be that being on the computer concentrating on something for long periods of time, combined with flickering lights, can cause seizure activity.

My friend has epilepsy and she plays minecraft ALL THE TIME and a lot of times, she will start feeling weird, like an aura, and sometimes she has a seizure right there at her computer desk. She has a REALLY old monitor. (I can barely stand to look at it because I'm photosensitive). She's not photosensitive.

Hehe, I wasn't sure if feeling over full can make you have auras. Glad to know that i might not be the only one. Seems kind of funny but im not sure at all. lol, or it might just be gas.

I don't know what brings on a seizure in general for me but two of the sure signs are if I'm stressed out about something or get really sad about something.

Usually around Christmas, when things are hectic, trying to get things ready and making sure everyone has a gift. At times like that I'm usually going to have one.

When I get really depressed or sad about something then I'm sure to have one. I had to put one of my cats down a few months ago and my husband and I were just waiting for the seizure to come. Two days later it hit.

Back
Top Bottom