shit scared

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sorry to hear about another seizure. My wife is doing well these days managing her life and, so far, avoiding a seizure.

Have you educated your mates on what to do (and more importantly - what NOT to do) if you have a seizure around them? Here's a good list (half way down the page): witnessing a seizure

Haha. No MD, just the ability to read and reason, a good memory and Google at my side.

ok what's this one called onlin-e-doc ....

i blanked out quickly, id say 20 seconds. regained consciousness and id planted my face on the top of a chair knob. teeth through lip and out the other side. blood everywhere.

this just happened today. didnt get stitches or anything. rinsed it with anti bacterial and called my mum. lol, ow :cry:

is it absence or myoclonus - my entire body was limp, temp paralysis

(oh and my teeth didnt chip thank god, but - rofl - the (wooden) chair knob has an indent as if id put a chisel lightly into it)

:arrow: :roll:

-hey anyone else get auras as a grey/dark spot that if you follow it (yeah it moves) you know you would have sz'd ??? then a killer headache, it's what i've come to recognise as my aura i think. i saw it today and yesterday and managed to hold it off, but that 3rd sz i described was after i follwed the spot...

atonic seizure - loss of muscle tones causes you to fall. This page says there is no loss of consciousness, but when Stacy had them she always lost consciousness during the seizure and woke up a bit disoriented (and discouraged naturally).

tonic seizure - muscles stiffen and can cause loss of balance.

Unless someone witnessed your seizure and can recall if your body went limp or stiff like a statue, it's hard to say which kind of seizure you had.

P.S. That does sound like an aura and you should take advantage of it by sitting or lying down as appropriate to your environment (and/or warning anyone who is there with you).

-hey anyone else get auras as a grey/dark spot that if you follow it (yeah it moves) you know you would have sz'd ??? then a killer headache, it's what i've come to recognise as my aura i think. i saw it today and yesterday and managed to hold it off, but that 3rd sz i described was after i follwed the spot...

I do

"i just say shit i don't know, and make up something about heart problems and that noise because of "sharp pains in my chest" or something to cover up. hate lying"

Yeah I do the exaact same thing. I'm quoting you because you put it into words perfectly. I had a neurologist for migraines and "narcolepsy" until some one first witnessed my grand mal seizure...up until then I thought I was just passing out and was diagnosed with narcolepsy and prescribed a LOT of adderall..one thing led to another because epilepsy runs in my family and I was having big seizures but not remembering them. Point is I had this neurologist drug testing me every time I came in because she was convinced(because of my age) that it was drug related (ps I'm the same with drug ussage as you) but she was crazy and had me in hospitals and on 27 different medications, 12 at one point all together. She told me I could never go back to school and refused to prescribe me the one drug that helped (klonopin) because she thought it was a party drug. So I said f*** it "I am not living" I was so overmedicated and I got off of everything she had me on and have been on the klonopin since (which I'm trying to get off of). That, accupunture, sleep, and transcendental meditation saved my life. I know people have probably said this a MILLION times but sleep! Force yourself to get restful sleep..it really is what makes a difference. Those meds are so crazy and I have been on almost every single one.

Also just to let you know I'd rather be fighting than {euphamism for intercourse} for those 30 some odd minutes I don't remember after my grand mal. The first one I had I remember saying I felt wieird and next thing I knew I was looking at two frightened young men and my dress was ripped to shreds, I apparently tried to hump a friend of mine and then ripped my dress off..when I came to I laughed at them and asked why they were such prudes...I didn't know what happened until a year later...I'd rather be the fighting sort.

I don't know if this helped at all..hopefully it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
since we are talking about being scared shit less does anyone like "see" things after a seizure? I mean people scare me and I fight like a deamon, won't let anyone touch me, I usually have to be sedated, but sometimes I see some really scary shit. Between Sat.and Sun. I had 4 seizures and I was like a crazy person I thought there was blood in my ears and bugs coming out of my head and I wouldn't let anyone touch me or else they might get seziures too.

Hi and welcome!

Sorry you're having trouble. I think most of us have had it. I've noticed that you're very stressed out. I know from experience learning to relax (yoga, meditation, ect) will help immensely! Good luck.

hey. i am 18 and have been epileptic for a year. i wish i were so on top of things. its great that you can describe everything so well. in my experience it is better to try meds. i am going on my fifth medication and they have been helping. in the last week my seizures have became much worse i have had at least 5 today. it looks like i will be going in for surgery. i hope you keep your head up its gets easier and friends and family are extremely helpfull. good luck on finding a neuro that you like and listens to what you have to say since you are the one going through this not them.

wow this thread got well responded to! halcyon, thx, i appreciate knowing u out there...

wow hold up tittle lady...surgery? 5 meds and five seizures? I'm no doctor but please consult some other people prior to this situation..granted I have no idea what kind of seirzures you have and I am not a doctor but please look in to every option and if you feel like shit and the seizures are still rolling say f&*^ you..leave and do your own thing..scary? HELL yeah but what is the worst that can happen? You have a seizure? You already are!...goodness look in to everything...find out the exact diagnonsis of yours seizures then get back to me..I am against living life as a zombie but I feel (although this may get me kicked off this site) that we all deserve to LIVE and that it is possible but I feel that most neurologists would rather see you a vegetable cuz it is less work and in their world a success(you were having seizures..but you aren't anything anymore?)

Last edited by a moderator:
wait seriously? I thought I was causing a ruckus on this site? the thing is I was not aware there were support centers for epilepsy. so I lied and made up reasons for my siezuresa til they were under control and even then I did it on my own (not that I am reccomending it)....but why the thanks? I don't know that my advice is anything but well off the beaten track?

I agree with Bernard if you are feeling anything like what you think is an aura even if it is cuz you are overwhelmed or panicky or really sick(the flu can mimick the feelings)...lay down on your side(on the ground) and tell one person you trust to keep you there where you cant fall and not to put anything in your mouth and to time the seizure. Best advice I can give. If you bit in to a chair I would say it was maybe tonic clonic except that the head usually goes back and there is a gargrling sound...did anyone witness it?

Alright sweetness so I am probably the most functional epileptic in the whole wide world. Don't fear....I am 24..I am a female (delicious at that...sorry but we're being honest...I'm a nice looking woman) and would love to offer you the advice that was NEVER given to me....in the end I thought well I'll die from the siezures or from life... I choose life. Ok, so here goes and mind you you dont have to answer a *ucking thing(they keep scensoring me on this site) have you been taking ANY kind of amphetemine recently?(and here is the thing ..I'm not nosy i just want to help you cuz if you see a neurologist a toxicology test will be #1 on the agenda) so if yes let me know any that includes designer drugs because most stimulate serotonin that it will show up..now if you have done any of them I can give you some private insight as to why this shit is happening and what to tell the neurologist....but the truth is it sound like you are having some tonic clonic seizures...(they purified my description? not sure why since it is true and anyone who has had a REAL tonic clonic seizure knows the sex part)_ anyway let me know what you are on, your exact location,and describe the seizures in detail or have someone else...I'll help you (not that I'm certified or a doctor but 1 million dollars later I fixed myself so suck on that)...
-Allison

Bernard, you almost diagnosed me. Mine is a bit more complicated but my brother lived in London and I helped them get good care there. quickly for somebody in Russia. the UK Anyway my meds work very well , I am on keppra, zonegran,lorazepam, To stop those complex partials and petit mals.I have an epileptologist.

Status seizure in public yoga class. Sigh!

Got to ER via ambulance. Cat scan the works. I was on the 6 week day. Drag! I thought maybe no more! And bam! So the E.doc said try increasing depakote from 500 to 750 and if t the side effects get worse than they are now. Then try increasing the lamotrigine from 150 to200. And see how the side effects are.
Sometimes i think I'm just another spoiled Caucasian wanting my troubles stopped when some people have it bad.
But I'm just a guinea pig for Big-Pharma. Oh well just keep moving and try to enjoy life.

Wow this is a old thread but came across it and think it's great. I relate .

I see this is an old thread. However it is how I feel too. I won't bore you with the details but I have bruises all over my body from falls. I am also noticing memory loss. I'm scared, and I feel all alone.

Back
Top Bottom